PDA

View Full Version : Professional Appearance

Forever Green Landscaping
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM
How many people or allow their employees work without shirts on? I was wondering with the weather getting warmer and how other companies handled this situation?
I have a company uniform and would defeat the purpose. Shirts (t shirt for labor and polo for foreman) and khakis pants

umsco226
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I have occasionally in some remote areas that we work, and only in the backyard.

Mikegyver
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I would not allow that. We wear dry shirts and that helps.
mike

GMLC
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Moisture wicking polo shirts here. Looks very professional and keeps us cool.

mowerbrad
06-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I take pride in my impeccable farmer's tan...

TuffWork
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Working shirtless is a big no no on professionalism. However, there is an LCO here who makes his guys wear maroon polos and khakis. To me that is on the extreme end for mowing a lawn. It's kinda like showing up to a job as a mechanic wearing a suit and tie.

06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I have the moisture polos too but I wear a white undershirt which is soaking wet at the end of the day. I don't know whats worse shirtless or wearing a white tanktop (wife beater). Just wanted to know what everyone else thought on the topic and if it was just me being OCD on company appearance or part of the norm.

jason72g
06-01-2011, 06:53 PM
We wear golf polos only...

06-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I do polos for foreman that hopefully a customer can see who to approach in the event of a problem or anything else that may need to be addressed

93Chevy
06-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Dickies, company shirts, and company hats (if it's not too hot). Sleeves are allowed to be rolled up in certain areas/properties.

peahlybros.
06-01-2011, 07:13 PM
We require company t-shirts worn at all times, however we are switching to polos for foreman. We have been toying with the idea of everyone wearing polos, the only down side I see is that then we won't have the big screenprint logo and phone number on the back of the shirt. Which is nice so passer-bys can see who we are easier than a little chest logo.

What do you guys think? t-shirts with big logo on back or everyone in polos? I really like the professional look of everyone having a company polo.

SNAPPER MAN
06-01-2011, 07:30 PM
How does taking your shirt off help cool you off?? I don't understand you guys thinking. Covering your skin keeps you cooler than taking clothes off. I always wear pants and long sleeve shirts when working. I also wrap a cloth around my head to keep the sun off my skin and face. I guess it's also just a race thing because you won't find any Hispanics working not covered up here.
Posted via Mobile Device

06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Someone always has to pull the race card. I agree with the wearing long pants and shirts. I actually prefer wearing short sleeve polos and just wear SPF 50 sunblock. I like the idea of having atleast 1 person on the job with the larger logo and phone number even though the trucks have it on there. If we are working at a property the larger logo allows a customer to recognize it is us there rather then a random person scoping the place out

93Chevy
06-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Someone always has to pull the race card. I agree with the wearing long pants and shirts. I actually prefer wearing short sleeve polos and just wear SPF 50 sunblock. I like the idea of having atleast 1 person on the job with the larger logo and phone number even though the trucks have it on there. If we are working at a property the larger logo allows a customer to recognize it is us there rather then a random person scoping the place out

How is he pulling the race card?

Fact: A good 80%-90% of Mexican outdoor laborers cover up in long sleeve shirts.

That's not a racial opinion, go around the country and watch them. I'm not saying every Mexican does, but a dang good many do.

06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I was being sarcastic I know they cover all skin from the sun
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I was being sarcastic I know they cover all skin from the sun
Posted via Mobile Device

My bad :drinkup:

Darryl G
06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Tell them if they want to go shirtless they have to have their name and the company logo tattoed on their chest!

Shirtless is unprofessional in my opinion. Now if you're a roofer or a foundation contractor shirtless is almost the norm. I will admit that I had my shirt off a few weeks ago while reclaiming some overgrown beds, but the house was vacant and I was in back out of view of all others.