PDA

View Full Version : Flex-deck

Expert Lawns
10-13-2002, 10:32 PM
How many of you use a flex deck? i figured a poll would be the fastest way to find out. i'm looking into getting one. never heard of it untill i started with this website. so i thank you all for that.

secondly, does the deck mess with your stripes? how does it attach etc..

i'm sure Flex-Deck will have a strong post here.. hint hint

:cool:

rvsuper
10-13-2002, 10:40 PM
I would be interested in getting one if they could fit on one of my prolines-----can you do that FD?

heygrassman
10-13-2002, 10:51 PM
I have posted on this earlier. I am struggling to see how it could benefit me on a cost/benefit analysis. The xtra 18" would help if I had many gates to cut. The "trimming ability" seems to be ancillary unless there are more applications that I can envision that can not be done with the deck itself.

I see a market, just would not work well for my applications... Just my $.02...

Expert Lawns
10-13-2002, 11:08 PM
about what do they run cost wise? i could really use one on this account i have, i'm sick of wiggling through tight tree lines. i get dizzy, and its time consuming.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-14-2002, 12:21 AM
Ghee anyone wonder which one I voted?

I will let Brad from Flex-Deck chime in before I give my 2 cents.

It has it's place/places.

ranger520
10-14-2002, 03:30 AM
I domoed the flex deck last week. I think it is so cool that I would like to establish a market for them in Minnesota.

captdevo
10-15-2002, 10:42 AM
Brad has a nice attachment!!!

it will certainly reduce trim time

make slope/hill cutting along ponds and ditches easier and safer

it doesn't stripe as well, but flip it up or pop it off and stripe away.

wriken
10-15-2002, 10:48 AM
Most of my propertys that I do are over 1 acre, so I would think it would be a great asset. I'll have to see if they can be mounted on a cub Tank M-60. It has a 5" deep deck.

scott's turf
10-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Striping is just a matter of laying the grass over. I think if he invented the flex deck he could invent a little striping kit for it too. Probably not a big deal to do.

Expert Lawns
10-15-2002, 12:47 PM
where is flex-deck on this one?? c'mon ! :p

Darb
10-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
where is flex-deck on this one?? c'mon ! :p

I wonder if Brad is on vacation. I posted a couple of questions for him (one even on the Flex-deck section) and have yet to get a reply.
Darb

ranger520
10-16-2002, 04:45 AM
After demoing this unit, I see many easy easy ways to make it strip good. Could be as simple as a piece of rubber mat rapped around the back and a couple of pop rivits and you would have one striping machine.