PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna ZTR's?

brookline
06-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Went to the dealer to browse today and noticed they started carrying them. They look like tanks next to the exmarks and scags he sells and a comparison of equal models the Husqvarna is significantly cheaper. I have searched and found that they have incredible cut quality compared to exmark, I just want to know more about the durabilitty of the other components because I am almost sold on the machines. Any experiences?
Posted via Mobile Device

johndeeretech09
06-01-2011, 11:57 PM
i havent had a whole lot of experience with them yet, but i am becoming a dealer soon. from what i have seen they seem to be one hell of a machine. they have a goood pump and motor set up. they have the awesome fx series engines. and i have read that the pz decks are in the top 3 for best decks. so far i think they are a great machine!

MJB
06-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I hope to see one in person this year. I might even drive to demo one. The cut quality is what so many mowers struggle with and this deck looks like a winner. Time wll tell.

brookline
06-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Sitting next to scags and exmarks at the dealer I was shocked at how much beefier the frame and deck was on the Husqvarnas. The boxed frame on an exmark looked roughly 2"x3" while the Husqvarna looked roughly 3"x4"
Posted via Mobile Device

crocs27
06-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I have the pz6034 and it's a beast

MOHUSTLER
06-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I have seen pictures of Castlerock and his stripes are nice in an area that does not stripe well. He talks them up alot. Now as far as them being more dependable then scag or exmark. Only time will tell. I can say that I am not a fan of how HUSQO does business. They do not care about the little man. They would sell that mower in home dopot and lowes in a heart beat if it ment more money to them.

They also put alot of people out of work when they closed down thier plants around the country and moved everything to NC. Just ask JimQ about that.

Randy G.
06-02-2011, 10:26 AM
They are the same thing as a Yazoo/Kees.

FryDaddy
06-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I have one of the LZ models and its a good mower to me. The newer PZ models are suppose be even better. As far as the plant movement, they did move operations to NC & SC. As with any manufacturer, it will be the dealer support that makes or breaks the machine because some of the machines will have problems. I had a faulty pto clutch & my local dealer had me back together in in few days after droping of mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

JimQ
06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
... They also put alot of people out of work when they closed down thier plants around the country and moved everything to NC. Just ask JimQ about that.

Yeah, that sucked. I really enjoyed my job. But, that's life.

It's too bad that Engineering group was broken up. We had a good group of guys put together and spent years working on the PZ project making sure it was right. Only a hand full (less than 5) relocated to Charlotte. Everyone else scattered. The Design Engineer who was primarily responsible for the PZ went to eXmark.

The PZ is a good machine. It will compete with anything out there. In my opinion, the cut quality and ability to process large amounts of grass is one of the best in the industry.

The design is solid. My only fear is quality related issues. They are now trying to build them in the same plant that builds the Craftsman lawn tractors and everyones favorite, the Weedeater One! :laugh:

Q

Skidpad
06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
...The design is solid. My only fear is quality related issues. They are now trying to build them in the same plant that builds the Craftsman lawn tractors and everyones favorite, the Weedeater One! :laugh:
Q
JimQ: although I'm new on this site, I've read a lot of your posts about the Husqvarna line. I was impressed with them, and came very close to purchasing an MZ6128 recently - I loved it, but the 61" deck just wouldn't work very well in my storage location. The new 52" model couldn't be found locally here in NC - reportedly due to the plant relocations, so I purchased a Bobcat at essentially the same price point as the MZ6128.

Nevertheless, sorry to hear about your job - I agree Husqvarna is building some attractive mowers in the MZ and PZ lines.

By the way...my recent ZTR purchase replaced a Weedeater (AYP) 42" lawn "tractor"! :D

weeze
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
they are good mowers but they really should redesign those funky looking gas tanks lol.

brookline
06-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Ok so im thinking my choice is going to be the Husqvarna's then. Thanks for all the responses!
Posted via Mobile Device

MJB
06-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Ok so im thinking my choice is going to be the Husqvarna's then. Thanks for all the responses!
Posted via Mobile Device

Let us know what model you get and how you like it. I'd like to see pics and a review after you start using it.

Miller Lawn Care
06-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I just bought a Dixon Grizzly 72 se ( same as the 72 PZ)and it cut better than my hustler z and a Grasshopper 718 I used to have and at top speed, I agree that dealer support is probably the most important, after 2.7 hours the 34 hp Kawa FX broke a valve spring valve hit piston and blew that cylinder. Still ran to get on and off trailer. Holiday weekend slowed things down. My local dealer is not an authorized Kawa service center, but there is one 30 miles away. The territory rep made arrangements ASAP. Due to problems with last years FX heads they are replacing the motor instead of repairing it. and I should only be down that unit for a week as the new motor is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I don't know about Husky as a company overall, but my dealer and no territory rep, and the dealer 30 miles away have sold me even more than before. After being in the Auto sales industry for 5 years and running my own business for the last 5 years, price may sell, but service is more important. Good Luck.

bravesfan25
06-03-2011, 11:21 PM
I just bought a Dixon Grizzly 72 se ( same as the 72 PZ)and it cut better than my hustler z and a Grasshopper 718 I used to have and at top speed, I agree that dealer support is probably the most important, after 2.7 hours the 34 hp Kawa FX broke a valve spring valve hit piston and blew that cylinder. Still ran to get on and off trailer. Holiday weekend slowed things down. My local dealer is not an authorized Kawa service center, but there is one 30 miles away. The territory rep made arrangements ASAP. Due to problems with last years FX heads they are replacing the motor instead of repairing it. and I should only be down that unit for a week as the new motor is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I don't know about Husky as a company overall, but my dealer and no territory rep, and the dealer 30 miles away have sold me even more than before. After being in the Auto sales industry for 5 years and running my own business for the last 5 years, price may sell, but service is more important. Good Luck.

Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for the Dixon?

RTR Landscaping
06-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm sure Husqvarna is a fine mower but I have my doubts that it is built as well as a Scag. I'll admit I'm a Scag guy so I am biased. It's a fact that Scag and Exmark are the preferred brands of more LCO's than any other brands. There is a reason this is true. MOHUSTLER is 100% correct about Husqvarna selling their chainsaws and trimmers through non servicing dealers like Lowes and Tractor Supply. They don't put a lot of importance on after the sale service. Your dealer may be fine, but how well will Husqvarna back him if there is a problem down the road? I certainly understand buying a mower that is cheaper than a Scag, but you will need parts and service at some point. Good luck.

brookline
06-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm sure Husqvarna is a fine mower but I have my doubts that it is built as well as a Scag. I'll admit I'm a Scag guy so I am biased. It's a fact that Scag and Exmark are the preferred brands of more LCO's than any other brands. There is a reason this is true. MOHUSTLER is 100% correct about Husqvarna selling their chainsaws and trimmers through non servicing dealers like Lowes and Tractor Supply. They don't put a lot of importance on after the sale service. Your dealer may be fine, but how well will Husqvarna back him if there is a problem down the road? I certainly understand buying a mower that is cheaper than a Scag, but you will need parts and service at some point. Good luck.

Dealer has assured me that anything that cannot be fixed within a day they will give me a loaner to use until its fixed. I liked this service alot
Posted via Mobile Device

soloscaperman
06-04-2011, 12:00 AM
To be honest I am hearing very good things about there mowers. I own a few of there trimmers, bush trimmers, and a chainsaw and I am very impress with there weight, price, and reliability. I am looking at getting a second rider and it may be a Husq. I own a 2008 Exmark ZTR and paid big bucks but I think your paying a premium for name.

johndeeretech09
06-04-2011, 01:36 AM

im sure that info is incorrect. i would take a husqvarna before an exmark and defenately before scag. husqvarna has one of the top 3 best cutting decks behind deere and hustler. and i am becoming a dealer of huqvarna and they have some of the best customer service in the business. believe me. ive worked on them all. scag would be the one im worried about.

johndeeretech09
06-04-2011, 01:38 AM
To be honest I am hearing very good things about there mowers. I own a few of there trimmers, bush trimmers, and a chainsaw and I am very impress with there weight, price, and reliability. I am looking at getting a second rider and it may be a Husq. I own a 2008 Exmark ZTR and paid big bucks but I think your paying a premium for name.

you are right. after looking at alot of brands to sell, husqvarna has one of the most complete lines of equipment in the business. they have gotten alot better. and their new pz line of zero turns are awesome!

RTR Landscaping
06-04-2011, 05:44 PM
I wasn't trying to turn this into a brand vs brand debate. I stated that I like Scag mowers. If you don't, and think Husqvarna is a better buy, then by all means buy it. All I'm saying is in almost every market in the country, either Exmark or Scag owns the LCO market. If you plan to become a dealer for them, be prepared to find some of your products at Lowes or in Northern Tools catalog. Who repairs those units? Husqvarna is not loyal to their independent dealers.

johndeeretech09
06-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I wasn't trying to turn this into a brand vs brand debate. I stated that I like Scag mowers. If you don't, and think Husqvarna is a better buy, then by all means buy it. All I'm saying is in almost every market in the country, either Exmark or Scag owns the LCO market. If you plan to become a dealer for them, be prepared to find some of your products at Lowes or in Northern Tools catalog. Who repairs those units? Husqvarna is not loyal to their independent dealers.

where do you come up with all this false info?? husqvarna is extremely good to thier dealers. they have a great support staff and traveling service rep. and its just the cheap **** thats sold at those other places, not the good commercial or higher end residential equipment. and so what if they sell them too. if equipment comes in that was sold from there, FIX IT! they do the same thing as deere does with mowers that are sold in those places. if repairs need to be done they have to take them to a dealer. is it that hard to understand?

RTR Landscaping
06-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Like I said, if Husqvarna is your brand, go for it. I wish you all the best.

ProStreetCamaro
06-04-2011, 07:48 PM
im sure that info is incorrect. i would take a husqvarna before an exmark and defenately before scag. husqvarna has one of the top 3 best cutting decks behind deere and hustler. and i am becoming a dealer of huqvarna and they have some of the best customer service in the business. believe me. ive worked on them all. scag would be the one im worried about.

Hustler and best cutting deck in the same sentence make me :laugh: (maybe the new deck will be better than the XR-Junk they had before). If you were referring to the XR-7 deck being better than the new husq deck then thats not saying much.

Exmarks UltraCut deck just might be the best cutting deck ever built by anybody. It sucks in deep wet grass (clumps up) but put it on dry turf and it will leave a carpet smooth cut. That is what makes Exmark so famous.

Never tried a deere 7 iron (will be picking up a demo in the next 2 weeks) so I cant comment on it but the idea behind the precisely stamped deck with no sharp edges or welds makes a ton of sense.

dtc0207
06-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Well I sell both Husqvarna and Exmark and the Exmark out sells the Husqvarna 4 to 1 I just hope you have a better rep then I do or you will be looking another line to, and I can say that Exmark might have best customer service in the industry
Posted via Mobile Device

JCLawn and more
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
lets remember toro owns exmark, anyways, I looked at the huskys and was not impressed at all. I did not try one. I did pick up a lawn from someone who used one on it. My 17 year old 721d hopper makes it look incredible. The owner came out one day and thanked me for doing such a good job and commented how nice it looked over the last guy. I know the operator is 70% of the way it looks though.