PDA

View Full Version : Kohler Big Block opinions?

TheOctagon
06-02-2011, 01:00 AM
I am torn between ordering my next 61" cheetah in w/ the proven 32hp vanguard as i have the last 3 or if i should try out the new 34hp Kohler option. I have grown to love the vanguards but this 34 Kohler wont get out of my head. What kind of luck are you guys havin w/ them as far as power, fuel consumption, noise.... etc. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

TheOctagon
06-02-2011, 09:35 AM
no insight on the subject?

I have ran a 30hp kohler before and thought it was a nice engine but this 34 is a whole different lookin engine. One thing i did notice is that Kohler still has a 2 year warranty vs the Vanguard 3 year. Dont know if that would be a selling point to a prospective customer or if the extra hp would weigh in more.

Rockysquirrel
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
There is no Kohler option for the Cheetah. The 61" offers a 31 hp Kawasaki or a 32 hp Briggs Vanguard. If you step up to the 72" it only comes with a 34 hp Kawasaki.

TheOctagon
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
There sure is a kohler option i dunno if you can only get it from the Pace distributor? I have one now. I ordered both and am going to let the customer decide. I ran it a little bit and it seems to have good power. Just wondering what kind of opinions people have on these BB Kohlers.

Rockysquirrel
06-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I have not head about a Kohler BB option from my dealer the Scag brochure or website. I would be interested in this option since I am considering a 61" Cheetah right now and would have to decide between the Kawasaki 31 or the Vanguard 32.

TheOctagon
06-17-2011, 07:47 PM
I have not head about a Kohler BB option from my dealer the Scag brochure or website. I would be interested in this option since I am considering a 61" Cheetah right now and would have to decide between the Kawasaki 31 or the Vanguard 32.

Well for me the Kohler and the Kawi are the same price and the Vanguard is 200 cheaper. I love vanguards but i guess thats more opinion than anything. I do know that it has more power than the Kawi though i have ran both in several applications and order the Vanguard over the kawi every time i can. This Kohler is pretty nice though. Good power, Smooth, I like the oil filter located on top of the engine for easy access. I cant believe with Toro/Exmark switching their big engines to Kohler that there arent more people with opinions on this engine.