PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions please

Jlutsey
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey Guys,
I've been reading through this site for hours until my eyes hurt so i though i would ask for some opinions. I currently own an 09 Ferris IS1500 52" with the Kawasaki and really like the mower. Here my question. I have scaled back to one large account that is roughly 40 acres of flat, bahaia and centipede mix with heavy oak trees and thus leaves. The Ferris cuts and rides great but i'm looking to upgrade to a faster and bigger mower to increase productivity.

I have been thinking about the New cheetah but i'm mixed on the reviews. The speed sounds great and i could really use it on the wide open areas. Does it cut tall (10") bahaia well at those high speeds?

Basically i'm looking for recommendations for flat, open grass mowing in the 60" and up range. I have a bad back so comfort is of utmost importance.

Thanks in advance and great site by the way!

TNGrassCutter
06-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I can't really answer your whole question, but I have a Scag walk behind with advantage deck and it cuts good. Now cutting 10" tall grass at full speeds, I doubt any mower will do that and leave a clean cut, but I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will be more than pleased to correct me if I am. But for best cut I would say look at Scag, exmark, and john deere.
Posted via Mobile Device