PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Replacement Engine Warranty

GravelyGuy
06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Anyone know what the warranty is on a new engine (FX series) replaced under warranty? New machine is 2 years, but dealer told me he thought a replacement is one year?

weeze
06-02-2011, 11:41 PM
nah there's a guy on here that got a new engine and his was almost 2 years old.

GravelyGuy
06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
nah there's a guy on here that got a new engine and his was almost 2 years old.

Yeah, but what about the new engine? Is it another two years? Dealer told me one year, but was unsure.

weeze
06-02-2011, 11:44 PM
yeah it should be 2 years for the new engine since it's brand new.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM
http://www.kawpowr.com/press_release_detail.aspx?id=22

weeze
06-02-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.kawpowr.com/press_release_detail.aspx?id=22

sweet so i got 3 years...yay:cool2:

pugs
06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
No, you do not have 3 years. If the engine is replaced under warranty you get the remainder of the warranty that was left. So if your original engine had a 2 year warranty and you got it replaced on the last day you would be left with no warranty at all. The warranty doesnt just reset.

A replacement engine that you buy new would currently have a 3 year warranty on it.

GravelyGuy
06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
That can't be right. That would be total bs if it had no warranty at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
06-04-2011, 12:27 AM
No, you do not have 3 years. If the engine is replaced under warranty you get the remainder of the warranty that was left. So if your original engine had a 2 year warranty and you got it replaced on the last day you would be left with no warranty at all. The warranty doesnt just reset.

A replacement engine that you buy new would currently have a 3 year warranty on it.

new engine = new warranty

newz7151
06-04-2011, 01:54 AM
new engine = new warranty

yes, a NEW engine = new warranty, but a replacement engine, provided by the company, under warranty to warranty an original engine only carries the remainder of the original engines warranty.

Please you people, if you want to argue and dismiss the correct information given to you by dealers, post in the "off topic" section so that we don't waste time trying to help a null cause.

mowerbrad
06-04-2011, 02:04 AM
A replacement engine gets the remainder of the warranty from the original engine, like stated before. So if you had 3 months left on your original engine's warranty, then you would have 3 months worth of warranty left on the replacement engine. If you actually bought the engine and then put it on your machine, you'd have a brand new warranty (3 years for the new kawi's) but if your engine gets replaced under warranty then you just get the remainder of the original warranty.

I have gone through this before with a briggs engine, its the same thing.

johndeeretech09
06-04-2011, 02:25 AM
exactly. atleast a few people get it.

weeze
06-04-2011, 02:31 PM
i've never had an engine go bad so i had no idea that's how it worked...no need to get all uptight about it lol....i've always viewed warranties as BS anyways...if they knew the engine wouldn't last at least 3 years they wouldn't offer the warranty in the first place...i've never owned anything in my life where i had to get it fixed under warranty...maybe people just don't know how to take care of things...that's all it boils down to...i mean yeah sure there may be a lemon every now and then but it's not likely or they wouldn't even offer the warranty...they aren't in business to lose money.

example: Toyota warranty is 40K miles i think....how many miles did my 1988 toyota last? over 300k...so what use is the warranty?...not needed so it's worthless...i've never wasted my money on extended warranties and crap...just buy good products and do research before you buy...then you don't need a warranty.

Did you ever notice that the products that don't last as long offer longer warranties?...i mean no KIA is gonna last as long as a toyota yet they offer a 100k warranty.

GravelyGuy
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I have lots of things go bad under warranty trucks, mowers, etc. I maintain my stuff very well, but I actually use it every day for work.

I am going to call exmark or kawi Monday and find out for sure. My engine blew up on the last day of my warranty(lucky I know) I simply cannot believe they would send you on you way with a $2000 engine with absolutely no warranty. Not even a year?!?
Posted via Mobile Device

elitefox
06-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Somehow this is still confusing to people and that's confusing me lol. YOU ONLY get the full warranty with a NEW engine NOT a replacement engine. Otherwise you would basically get engines for life as long as you blew them up within the two years. I can almost guarantee the replacement engine you get is remanufactured and not a brand new engine like you think.

weeze
06-05-2011, 02:18 AM
i've never blown up any engine in my life except for a piece of crap chevy camaro i had that was my first car lol...it still got me home though..somehow the oil and water mixed together....never bought another chevy since that day.....never happened again either...buy crap and it will crap out on you...buy good stuff and it will last....never had any mower engine go bad on me...even briggs motors...i have a poulan pro with an 18hp briggs that's over 12 years old and still runs perfectly.

Miller Lawn Care
06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Have you ever had a Battery go bad that was under warranty? 2 year Free replacement, pro rate after that etc... the Battery that is free is covered until the end of the original purchase. Like Crappy Wal-mart Batteries, they give out replacements fine but once the original purchase time is up, thats it. If they re-upped the warranty for replacements people would destroy the item warrantied just to get a new one. Thats not what warranty's are for. A warranty is the manufacturer saying "we will cover the costs of this unit for a specific period of time" not we will replace this unit and extend our coverage. In a perfect world that would be the case. But someone will always try and take advantage. I recently purchased a Dixon Grizzly with 34 hp Kawa, at 2.7 hours broke valve spring and trashed that cylinder. If it happened 35 months from now it would still be covered assuming I follow maintainence schedule. And they would replace the motor, which should get a substantial service life out of with out manufacturer defect or error. You get what you pay for. Warranty is included in that. once a warranty is up its up.
Why do you think Car dealers push extended warranties?? The majority of the time they only cover up to 100K. Most cars don't have issues until after that so an extended warranty is mostly profit for the companies involved. Sure you know someone it's saved a thousand dollars but they paid more than that for the warranty and the finance charges because most folks wrap it into their payment.

GravelyGuy
06-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I just got off the phone with Kawasaki. Replacement engines have the remainder of the 2 years or 90 days whichever is longer. With this being said nobody knew what they were talking about not even the dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I just got off the phone with Kawasaki. Replacement engines have the remainder of the 2 years or 90 days whichever is longer. With this being said nobody knew what they were talking about not even the dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is how most engine are.......and I don't think I ever heard of anybody getting a Kaw engine replaced. Maybe a short block but whole new engine?

GravelyGuy
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Whole new engine, not a short block.
Posted via Mobile Device