PDA

View Full Version : Need a Kawa 17 HP rebuild in MN.

casey humphrey
06-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I am looking for a RESPECTABLE and GOOD small engine person. I would like to have my FH500bs09 have a rebuild on it. Or at least looked at to see if it is even rebuildable. There is no holes in the block the rocker fell off while running I took it in and they stated it is junk you need a new motor. I am not buying it. The motor is out of machine. This will be for fall clean ups I don't want to put in the money for a NEW motor when a rebuilt we do just fine. Please send a PM with your info thanks!!

djagusch
06-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Small engine sales and service in st croix falls wi (right on the boader) will give you the honest answer.

My 2 cents is a new motor under 1k? If it is just buy it. A rebuild (tear down and assemble) is $300 in labor atleast. Add gaskets and rings, hone that is up to $500. If the rocker fell off it is bad or the pushrod or valve tip. It all adds up.
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
06-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Omg you messed up a Kawasaki?!!

Do you even have any earthly inkling of a clue as to just how much trouble you're into?

Yeah, might as well just say they don't rebuilt those, that's the simple answer.

unit28
06-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I've been quoted over a grand for a replacement of the old 14hp Kawi 420V.
{because they discontinued large single cylinder engines}

If you want to stay under $500 go with a briggs

Or for under $700 Kohler Command Pro Item: Command Series
15.0 HP -

just suggestions.......

But I'll pm you a couple of referrals that might be able to help rebuild out in Bethel
and Isanti