PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hustler Super Z video, check it out!!

mowerconsultant
06-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Check out this 3D animated video.. pretty cool...
It is almost 8 minutes long, but is very informative.

Link > http://www.hustlerturf.com/pages/super-z-3d.html

After watching it post back here what you think.
On Tuesday of next week, 6/7/11 @ 9pm I will do a drawing for the people that posted to this thread about the video and what they thought and the first 2 people I draw from the names I will send them each a Hustler hat and t-shirt.
Have a great weekend!

Pj

flatlander42
06-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I love the video!! Great Detail!

One question tho....Do the flex forks affect the quality of cut? Seems like the deck would be allowed to dip when hitting bumps.

Do you have a vid like this for all models? Such as the Fastrak?

TNGrassCutter
06-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I like how hustler has the parking brake in the control levers. It looks like this deck is going to be a good design. I'm going to be looking for a new mower at the end of this season and I will definitely check out the new super z.
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
06-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Very informational video and the Super Z sounds like quite the machine.

The 3D animation really helped to show great details about the mower, however I really like a combination of animation and "the real thing" just to show how everything looks on an actual mower.

I guess I didn't realize that the VX4 deck only came in 60", 66" and 72" sizes. I would really like to see decks offered in smaller sizes, at least starting at 48" since some of us don't have a use for 60" or larger decks.

Like I said before, it looks like a very nice machine. But like any advertisment it really accentuates the positives and makes it out to be the best mower out there. I find pretty much every other manufacturer does the same thing. To me, the perfect mower is one that does what you want it to do and has a good dealer to back it up.

Good video!!!

mowerconsultant
06-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I guess I didn't realize that the VX4 deck only came in 60", 66" and 72" sizes. I would really like to see decks offered in smaller sizes, at least starting at 48" since some of us don't have a use for 60" or larger decks.

The VX-4 deck comes in 48", 54" and 60" side discharge and 54" and 60" rear discharge on the Hustler X-One > http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/x-one.html

The VX-4 deck comes in 60", 66" and 72" side discharge and 60" and 72" rear discharge on the Super Z > http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/super-z.html

We don't put anything smaller than a 60" on the 2011 Super Z due to its wider frame.

Pj

mowerconsultant
06-03-2011, 05:47 PM
I love the video!! Great Detail!

One question tho....Do the flex forks affect the quality of cut? Seems like the deck would be allowed to dip when hitting bumps.

Do you have a vid like this for all models? Such as the Fastrak?

Some say the Flex Forks affect cut, most don't, its how you drive the unit for the most part.
At this time this is the only 3D animated video.

Pj

GMLC
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Awesome video!! Really explains how much r&d goes into the frame, deck and hydro system. Not all mowers are created equal...

TheOctagon
06-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I wish more companies would show their mowers in this regard. Very informative!

kirkmbrown2001
06-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I am dying to get one of these. I have been and will continue to be a hustler fan for life! I really like the adjustable baffle system. That would be quite useful! Thanks for sharing the video!

LaLawnGuy
06-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Really loving my 09 Z, really wanting Super. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
06-03-2011, 09:58 PM
That was an interesting video. I agree with the poster above who mentioned that it would have been even better if it included real video footage of the machine in operation.

There may be a Hustler dealer in my area that I am unaware of, I just don't know, but I would like to go check one out if there is. When I checked for dealers in my area, 2 of the three listed are either out of business, or bought out by a dealer who doesn't carry hustler brand.

grassman177
06-03-2011, 11:38 PM
posting to get a shirt and hat

UfoPilot
06-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Nice video. :usflag:

Kreios
06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I love my new super z thinking about trading my lazer z in for another one. After putting 160hrs on my super when I get on the lazer it's like going from a Lincoln to a gremlin.
Posted via Mobile Device

G. Ramey
06-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Nice video I like the website changes too. I will buy a new X-one as soon as I can get it past the wife.

johnsonslawnmanagement
06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Thinking about getting a super z this fall. Demoed one and lovvvved it
Posted via Mobile Device

MOHUSTLER
06-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Fantastic video PJ!!! I love that huster is not scared to show every aspect of thier mower and size up the competition. It really is in a class of its own.

MOHUSTLER
06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
P.S please excuse me from the hat and shirt. If I bring home another hustler shirt for my wife to wash she might leave me:laugh:

MJB
06-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Nice Video! I can see some improvments over the 2006 model I had. The deck mainly and hydros. I've heard the 5 yr warranty claims on the hydros, but have also heard that is only if your dealer services them for you. Is this true, I live 100 miles from a dealer? So what is the warranty if you service your own which I prefer to do anyway?

weeze
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
i agree with mowerbrad to some degree...i wish the same industrial grade pumps/motors were available for smaller decks like a 48"-54"....60" and above just isn't practical for mowing residential yards for the most part...there's always ditches or obstacles where a 60"-72" will not fit...for that reason alone i will probably never be in the market for one...if i cut wide open fields all day then yes i would need one but that's just not the case lol...i'm a one man operation so i have no use for 2 mowers at the same time (one big and one small)...so i usually get a good all around size like 54" so i can tackle everything with one mower...my yards vary in size from 1/4 acre-3 acres...perhaps the industrial pumps could be available on the x-one in the future?

Quality Cuts PLS
06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Great video, very informative. I wish they had a Super Z 54".

LawnMowerKing10
06-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Awesome vid man !

dtc0207
06-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Pj why did they chose to go with the lowest rated industrial pump is it really that much better then the highest ranked commercial pump
Posted via Mobile Device

rwreuter
06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Huslter's ability to get product information out to the people and the fact it is a quality piece of machinery that is proven in the field is the reason that I purchased one of them.

The video gives the layman an understanding of how the machine operates. Nice job!!!

Mickhippy
06-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Importer here had a demo day last week and I had a go of the 37/60 SZ with flex forks. Here are my thoughts...

The forks really made a comfortable ride over rough ground. Couldnt tell if it will effect cut as grass was pretty long. Need to try one on short, regularly cut bermuda. If I was to get a SZ, I would get the flex forks even just to give them a go!

The machine itself felt a little heavy so probably not as nimble as the SZ its replacing. The weight may cause rutting issues on certain soil types. It actually reminded me of the diesel machine as far as driving is concerned.

The sitting position "seemed" a little higher. Maybe that was just an illusion.

The deck cut pretty well all things considered but I would take the chute off and put an ocdc on there. Will the deck distribute clippings without the plastic chute? I dont like the thought of relying on an add on to play such an important part.

Love the over sized pulley on the deck and the new spindle look sturdy. In fact, I really like this deck. Solid as and low maintenance. There was vibration coming from the deck so I bet the blades aren't balanced. They were brand new blades.

The hydro system was very strong. I actually love this system!

All in all, I think this new SZ is a great mower. Strong, well built, low maintenance etc like is expected however, there may be a few issues for some people like myself, but thats without an actual demo on "my" lawns. My "issues" may be unfounded and I hope they are!

I only have one major issue, and thats the engines. Need an EFI/DFI with the 37hp. Would of loved to see a Briggs big block on there as well. Why no Kohler. They have up to 40hp efi!
I think the 31hp will be under powered for my conditions. 31 is only just adequate on my currant SZ. The guy demoing the 31 X1 next to me said it was underpowered cutting same grass as me.

These engine options will probably be the only reason for me not getting this new machine.
We have all heard about the problems with the Kawi's. I find it disturbing that Hustler would not give other engine brands/options on this machine. I would be worried all the time if I got a kawi 37 expecting it to break down. Thats no way to run a business. I need to trust my machine. Business is hard enough without that added stress and potential for lost income when the machines in the shop getting repaired.

How much fuel does the 37kawi use per hour on this SZ? 6-7-8litres/hour? At the price fuel is now here, (average) $1.45/litre X 6litres/hr is $8.70/hr. I bet this 37 uses more fuel than that on heavy cutting. Say 8lts/hr, that about $11.60/hr.
But its no just the cost, the tanks hold 45Lt. At 6lt/hr, I'll only get 7.5hrs out of the tanks. Heavy cutting say 8lt/hr only gets me 5.6hrs out of the tanks. Thats not even a full day!

If anyone has some true fuel numbers, I would certainly like to see them.

Sorry for the long post! Im hung over and this is keeping my mind off the head ache!

JB1
06-04-2011, 10:56 PM
yeah its a nice video, but its nothing compared to owning the real thing.

fiftysid
06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
thats a great video, alot better than looking at a brochure.

hamiltonlawncare
06-05-2011, 04:23 AM
PJ - great info and explination of new super Z i really like the new scalp wheels took a new super z for a spin in parking lot of local dealer and was impressed with power and response over my '08 super Z 66/30 kohler VX4 deck looks to be an improvement over the XR7 although the XR7 does not too much to complain about looks like the new Super Z has set the bar high and if i needed a new Z the new super Z would be repacing my current Super Z

Mickhippy
06-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey PJ, delete my last post if you like. Its not the right time or place for a review. My bad!

Hardcore5657
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I have a bobcat pro 61 now but I think after this year I will take a look at the super Z looks like a great well thought out mower.

mowerconsultant
06-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I've heard the 5 yr warranty claims on the hydros, but have also heard that is only if your dealer services them for you.

This is not true, there is no dealer servicing requirement.
It is 5 years or 3000 hours whichever comes first.

Pj

gahardware
06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice video. Enjoyable and informative.
JLM

MJB
06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
This is not true, there is no dealer servicing requirement.
It is 5 years or 3000 hours whichever comes first.

Pj

Thanks for clearing that up. The dealer I spoke to obviously didn't have the facts straight. They are an excellent dealer , that had to work on my mower a lot, don't know why he told me that.

mowerconsultant
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Ok.... our winners of a hat and shirt each are....

TNGrassCutter and johnsonslawnmanagement

Please email me your shipping information and t-shirt size.

Pj

TNGrassCutter
06-08-2011, 12:38 AM
PJ, email sent. Thanks again. I never win anything..until today.

MOHUSTLER
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
PJ, email sent. Thanks again. I never win anything..until today.

GO BUY A LOTTO TICKET ASAP!!!!! p.s (give me half)

TNGrassCutter
07-31-2011, 12:18 AM
PJ, still haven't received my shirt or hat. Just wanted to let you know in case there was a mix up.

demhustler
07-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Very informational video and the Super Z sounds like quite the machine.

The 3D animation really helped to show great details about the mower, however I really like a combination of animation and "the real thing" just to show how everything looks on an actual mower.

Good video!!!

there are several live footages on website
http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/super-z.html
and parts of this animation can be used in other videos

good job

p.s. speaking of toughens and ruggedness - i like hustler design and image - it's like sculptures of Leonardo - monolith, "it can be rolled down the hill and there is nothing to break-off" (should came down in one piece as it left) - nothing sticking out, no little tiny parts and bits to break and fall-off, - one solid structure ...