PDA

View Full Version : Need help

peewee37
06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I just started a lawn mowing business in rochester ny. It has benn raining and the grass can get high. I mow once a week with a cub cadet 60 inch zero turn. I am getting some complaints from customers that I am leaving clumps of grass in yards. I discharge has a rubber gaurd on it. is this the problem? What can I do to fix this so I don't loose customers? i look at other yards that get mowed and mine look bad. Please help!!

wvaughn7
06-03-2011, 10:41 PM
There a couple things you can do. Assuming the mower you are mentioning is the tank model I essentially have the same mower, just with a 54" deck. The first thing is make sure you go slower so the deck is not overwhelmed with grass. Another thing is to double cut the lawn. If you do this it is easiest to cut about .5"-.75" taller than the regular height that way you can see where you are cutting on the second pass. Another thing is make sure you have a good set of blades with a nice sharp edge. Our blades we getting wore out and we just put a new set of high lift blades on it, and wow what a difference. We went to a solid foil blade and I really do think that was what makes it cut so smooth compared to the stock blades. You should be able to get these at your dealer or at any MTD dealer, which most places can get parts for.