PDA

View Full Version : Job in progress

bcg
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Thought I'd share some photos of a job I'm working on right now. It's not done yet, maybe about 2/3 complete, and the photos haven't been blended but I think it's coming along nicely.

bcg
06-03-2011, 11:15 PM
A few more...

GreenLight
06-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Work looks great in my opinion. Great night photos as well. Do you mind me asking what kind of camera you are using for those shots? They look very professional.

bcg
06-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks, I'm using a Canon EOS D450 body with a Canon EFS 18-55 lens. I shoot in RAW and bracket my exposures so I can have them blended later to look exactly right. These images were straight out of the body though, with the white balance set to about 2700k.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Good stuff! Not for everybody mind you...

I find it really interesting to compare the type of lighting that our clients have come to know and like and that which other clients, in other markets are looking for. There is a huge difference in the way that we light homes for instance. Here most of the clients are looking for subtle, soft accents and rarely want to be 'showy'. Even those who do want a bit more drama on their homes are more apt to have it in the back yard than on the front of the house. Not so in other areas (obviously! :) )

None the less you are doing some really nice work.

Lite4
06-04-2011, 09:06 AM
The back yard around the pool looks great. The Front looks good, however I don't really care for the merc vapor in the tree but that I guess is a texas thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

bcg
06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't really like the mercury vapor either but that stuff was already there. We removed a lot of line voltage all around the property but left the merc vapor downlighting as most of it is high enough that it's well done. The fixtures by the entry are too low though and really glare when you're standing near them. I'm going to remove those and replace them with LV down lights. I'm also going to be lighting some of the landscaping in the front in addition to the home to add some depth and layers.

When I started the project I was told that they wanted really to just highlight the architecture andto keep the downlighting but as we've gone through it, they've realized that they want more detail so that's coming next week.

BrandonV
06-04-2011, 01:50 PM
back does look great. I think if funny you say about the front/back deal james. here I tend to go more flamboyant on the front yard and more intimate/subdued on the back.

Classic Lighting
06-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Good job Bernie. Can you tell me more about the paver lights? Did you install them and what is your opinion on their performance and reliability?

bcg
06-04-2011, 08:11 PM
The paver lights are actually Cast Well Lights with the bronze grate. I had the 3 against the brick wall and the 4 at the entry core drilled, the 2 along the garage door were existing line voltage fixtures that were much larger and I patched the concrete to install those 2. I then had horizontal bores done to install the wiring. On the 5 at the garage/driveway, I used Copper Moon LED lamps, the 4 at the entry are 35W/12* halogen on the columns and 20W/36* halogen on the planters. I really like the Cast well lights for this application, and especially like the Cast Bronze Grate. I go back and forth between putting a Kichler LED accent light in the hole and the bronze grate on top or just using the Cast fixture entirely, both give a great effect but I do really like the fact that the Cast fixture has a longer wire already attached so I don't have to make a splice in the core drill.