PDA

View Full Version : Who manufactures Leso mowers?

nova385
10-14-2002, 01:20 PM
Who manufactures Leso mowers? The Z-2 is what I'm asking about. Looks like a textorn.

f350
10-14-2002, 01:48 PM
mtd

Envy Lawn Service
10-14-2002, 06:12 PM
MTD as in like the Cub Tank??? Or a totally different design???

I don't have a local Lesco and have been waiting for info to come in the mail on the Z 2 for a while now. I'm about to forget about it.

dlandscaping
10-14-2002, 06:15 PM
AYP or american yard products makes white lesco cub mtd sears poulan pro troy bilt and a few others

Envy Lawn Service
10-14-2002, 06:28 PM
I was not aware that AYP had anything to do with MTD. I thought AYP was only making brands like Sears, Poulan Pro, and Husqvarna lawn tractors.

MTD is making a ton of stuff or owns the company itself. They make Yard Machine, White Outdoor, Troy Built, Huskee, Yardman and a zillion other off names. They bought Cub Cadet as a whole. I was told this was an ordeal where they became quite in debt with MTD and at the same time MTD wanted them as a means for replacement of the MTD pro line.

John Gamba
10-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Yeah what envy said!
John

Art Stubbs handy 58
10-14-2002, 08:37 PM
MTD owns alot of the off brand items even the Cub Cadet and White Brands, MTD even makes John Deere W/B boy what a shame all that money for the green name and you could just go to Wal-Mart for around $300 to $500 less...But thats Corporate Buisness for you.:dizzy:

nova385
10-15-2002, 06:48 AM
Dose anyone here own a z-2 (or a cub tank if it is the same ) or know someone that dose? Would like an opinion on on how well they hold up.

Alan Bechard
10-15-2002, 01:01 PM
I do not know what a z2 is but I have an M48 Tank that is a couple of months old.

Happy with it so far. Wish there were aftermarket blades available.

I almost did not buy because of the spindles but they actually have a bolt through them so they are easy / cheap to replace. I like that.

We will probably buy another mower next summer to replace our 60" Dixon, it will probably be another Lazer Z 60" with Kawasaki. The Tank would have been a Lazer if I could have gotton one from the dealer that I wanted to deal with.

Any specific questions? I am happy with it overall, I dont drive it, but I do maintain them and it has been easy so far. My wife and the lady that works with her, would tell me real quick if they were not satisfied though.

Al B

Envy Lawn Service
10-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Alan,

Thanks for posting. I have some questions for you! I've been checking an M48 Tank with the fabricated deck $5,999. Does that sound like a fair price? Everything looks like a good clean design to me. I like the deck rollers alot. But, I can't remember if it has a hydro oil cooler??? Is that really important?

I'm bouncing back and forth between several models. I just can't seem to put my finger on much that separates them.

regnort
10-15-2002, 08:30 PM
I tried to post earlier, but for some reason I couldn't. Anyway, I have a 60" Z-Two and have been very satisfied, I also cut occasionally with another guy who runs the same mower and he has had no problems either. I am in a Southern Zone, so I can't say how it does with the northern grasses, but it does fine with Bahahia, Cent, St Aug, Zoysia, and Carpet grass. My biggest gripe was that there wasn't a cup holder, but I bought one from a marine supply store with a big suction cup. As for the hydro cooler, no there isn't a cooler, but the 100' Ladder Truck at my Fire Station doesn't have a cooler either but I was told by our mechanic that the tank and oil act as a sump, also air passes by the filter so I would assume it helps with the heat. If you have any specific ?'s e-mail me

Reg

MacLawnCo
10-15-2002, 08:35 PM
Envy, i just went to the Lesco dealer today and saw the Z-2 was on sale for $5999 new. Im pretty sure it is a nationwide sale. You may want to go and check it out. see my thread on this subject for more info.

Envy Lawn Service
10-15-2002, 08:53 PM
Thanks All!

I want to make that 160 mile round trip down to Lesco soon for several reasons. I don't know quite yet if I am really interested in the Z-2. I'm just curious about it as of now. I will try to remember who you owners are so I can pick your brain a little more if I am interested after looking. ;)

Alan Bechard
10-16-2002, 08:14 AM
I like the oil coolers but I don't think it is an issue.

It is easy to service the common items. The latches, etc seem to be well thought out to me. They did things like put a nice hose on the oil drain to make it easy and clean to drain it. Big clear stickers explaining stuff like where the lube points are. Grease Zerks everywhere on the thing.

I have to ask the boss but I think we got ours for about $5800 with extra blades and filters? I am not positive on that. I usually work the price and then ask them to throw in the blades and filters.

We got ours to do our "gate yards". And no, if a 48" won't fit, she won't mow. It replaced a Gravely Promaster 100 with 50" deck. Boy is it a lot faster.

It does sit kind of high. If you have props where you are under a lot of trees think about that a bit.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Al B

Envy Lawn Service
10-16-2002, 09:50 AM
Alan,

What kind of terrain are you mowing over where you are?

Alan Bechard
10-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Rolling hills, Some flat, we do not do anything with big steep hills, just not worth the aggravation.