PDA

View Full Version : Might sell two yards in Mulvane, KS

CaptainPike
06-04-2011, 12:33 PM
But I have no idea what they might be worth.

One is an average size yard. She pays me 30 dollars per cut for the standard mowing, edging, trimming and blowing.

The second one is a slightly larger yard. She pays 40 per cut for the same service.

Both prefer to have their yards cut every two weeks.

Any idea what these two accounts would be worth if I wanted to sell them?

topsites
06-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah and good luck trying to hand off your own hard sells but thanks for offering, I guess.

CaptainPike
06-04-2011, 01:03 PM
topsites, I don't know what you mean.

Both of these people are happy with my work. I serviced both yards all year last year and have so far this year too.

MJB
06-04-2011, 01:03 PM
You must be kidding ?

topsites
06-04-2011, 01:09 PM
topsites, I don't know what you mean.

Both of these people are happy with my work. I serviced both yards all year last year and have so far this year too.

The gist of it is if you don't want them what makes you think anyone else does,
why in the WORLD would you sell just TWO of your accounts unless they were
your lowest bidders, your pita's, or your own hard luck stories.

And if that's not what it is but it sure looks like it, I mean come on, we weren't born yesterday.
lol

I say just deal with it, I am sure we all have these accounts we'd rather not have, just man up and do the best you can.

MJB
06-04-2011, 01:23 PM
But I have no idea what they might be worth.

One is an average size yard. She pays me 30 dollars per cut for the standard mowing, edging, trimming and blowing.

The second one is a slightly larger yard. She pays 40 per cut for the same service.

Both prefer to have their yards cut every two weeks.

Any idea what these two accounts would be worth if I wanted to sell them?

They are worth $140 a month for you, and you want to get rid ofthem. So ask yourself, What would I be willing to pay to have both of these lawns? Most of us don't even take every other week lawns, with the exception of you guys in drought areas.

pastorjoe77
06-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I would take them off your hands just because I have a route in that area but not worth paying for two

CaptainPike
06-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm interested in selling just two because that's all I have is two!

There is another I could tell you about, but she's got waist high weeds in her yard. That one, you could have for free.

headz77
06-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't think it would be worth the trouble to sell or buy just two accounts. But if I knew you personally I might give you $50 for them as a favor...

rcslawncare
06-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't pay for residential accounts at all. Just keep maintaining them or give them away.

pastorjoe77
06-04-2011, 07:33 PM
captainpike email me at pastorjoe77@gmail.com i would only want the 40 dollar yard and the overgrown one if it is big and tell me what you get for it. Maybe I would giveyou a couple dollars a cut for the rest of the season if they look promising. But to expect payment for two non contract accounts seems asking a whole lot.

jsslawncare
06-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I've got a whole list of customer's I'd like to get rid of. And, they all pay.

Patriot Services
06-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm interested in selling just two because that's all I have is two!

There is another I could tell you about, but she's got waist high weeds in her yard. That one, you could have for free.

So this ends your LCO venture?
Posted via Mobile Device

CaptainPike
06-05-2011, 01:42 AM
So this ends your LCO venture?
Posted via Mobile Device

No. I would sell these two yards if they were worth something, but it looks like nobody sees an value in them, so I'll keep on cutting them.

CaptainPike
06-05-2011, 01:44 AM
captainpike email me at pastorjoe77@gmail.com i would only want the 40 dollar yard and the overgrown one if it is big and tell me what you get for it. Maybe I would giveyou a couple dollars a cut for the rest of the season if they look promising. But to expect payment for two non contract accounts seems asking a whole lot.

Pastor Joe, the overgrown lawn is the worst pita customer I've ever had. Which isn't saying a lot since I haven't had that many.

She hates paying, and she'll even go so low as to offer food stamps as payment instead of real money. And when she says every two weeks for lawn service, she means once a month.

My other two yards however, are good customers that always pay.

topsites
06-05-2011, 01:53 AM
All right, I made a mistake and I'm sorry.

chuacro
06-05-2011, 02:42 AM
If I was in your area I would pay you for one cut after I serviced 4 times. I have to take a 2 week service to stay in buisness at this time. I am at a point that I can start loosing bad customers and picking up more profitable lawns.

MOturkey
06-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Normally, I avoid getting involved in threads like this one, but I'm confused, so here goes. You want to sell two accounts. OK, I would think there is little difference in selling 2 accounts or 200, the principle is still the same. I can see the point if, for example, you had 2 accounts that were outside your main service area, and you felt it would be more profitable to eliminate them, or simply figure it would make life easier. I can relate to that. It is pretty much a consensus they aren't worth much, and to some, nothing, but nevertheless, you have the right to ask.

However, I'm confused when you say these are the only accounts you have, but reply that you aren't getting out of the lawn business???? That really makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Please explain. Thanks.

CaptainPike
06-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Normally, I avoid getting involved in threads like this one, but I'm confused, so here goes. You want to sell two accounts. OK, I would think there is little difference in selling 2 accounts or 200, the principle is still the same. I can see the point if, for example, you had 2 accounts that were outside your main service area, and you felt it would be more profitable to eliminate them, or simply figure it would make life easier. I can relate to that. It is pretty much a consensus they aren't worth much, and to some, nothing, but nevertheless, you have the right to ask.

However, I'm confused when you say these are the only accounts you have, but reply that you aren't getting out of the lawn business???? That really makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Please explain. Thanks.

I have no idea what people normally pay for an account. If it were profitable to sell them, I could always start mowing again later on by picking up some more yards.

You have to understand, I do this strictly part time. My real job can consume 50 and 60 hours of my time each week, especially during the summer. I thought it might be cool to take a short break from mowing, but hell, it's only two yards. I can keep on cutting them.

btanchors
06-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm also confused about this...If you are a business, and for whatever reason, decide to cease servicing some of your accounts, isn't it the customer who decides where to go to obtain the services?

In other words, the accounts are not "yours" to sell. If you have a written agreement/contract with the customer, and then decide to sell your business, I can understand that situation better, since any agreements transfer with the sale of the business. But what's to prevent the customer from deciding to make a switch to yet another company?

In other words, the accounts are not "yours" to sell.

Am I wrong? Why would I buy these accounts from you if the customer might decide the following week to go with someone else?

CaptainPike
06-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm also confused about this...If you are a business, and for whatever reason, decide to cease servicing some of your accounts, isn't it the customer who decides where to go to obtain the services?

In other words, the accounts are not "yours" to sell. If you have a written agreement/contract with the customer, and then decide to sell your business, I can understand that situation better, since any agreements transfer with the sale of the business. But what's to prevent the customer from deciding to make a switch to yet another company?

In other words, the accounts are not "yours" to sell.

Am I wrong? Why would I buy these accounts from you if the customer might decide the following week to go with someone else?

I've been servicing these two yards for roughly a year now.

I'm sure I could speak with both of them and explain that I have a friend that will start servicing their yards instead of me.

It really doesn't sound that difficult to me.

But unless I can profit from it, I won't do it. I'll just keep cutting their yards.

TNGrassCutter
06-05-2011, 01:53 PM
How is it even worth the time and effort to service two properties every two weeks and make 70 bucks? Does that even buy you a full tank of fuel at the end of the two weeks?
Posted via Mobile Device

MJB
06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Without a contract it's not yours to sell. You probably are not licensed and insured to mow yourself with only 2 accts. No one in their right mind would pay for something without a contract. In fact once I learned there was no contract what would keep me from knocking on their door and offering my services because you don't want them anymore. Why pay you I could just take it from you. Keep mowing it as long as you want. I just tell my customer they need to start calling around and lining up someone else to do it if I don't want it anymore. I usually recomend someone.

CaptainPike
06-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Without a contract it's not yours to sell. You probably are not licensed and insured to mow yourself with only 2 accts. No one in their right mind would pay for something without a contract. In fact once I learned there was no contract what would keep me from knocking on their door and offering my services because you don't want them anymore. Why pay you I could just take it from you. Keep mowing it as long as you want. I just tell my customer they need to start calling around and lining up someone else to do it if I don't want it anymore. I usually recomend someone.

Service Magic is more than happy to charge for leads that often times don't even turn into profitable work.

I don't see my situation as being any different, except the lead I can provide would be a lot more qualified than a lead from Service Magic.

jsslawncare
06-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Captainpike- Why don't you just keep cutting the yards since you are just doing it for extra money? With 2 yards that = no insurance or license. I'd just work the 50-60 hour work week and hire someone to cut my yard.

andyslawncare
06-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't pay a dime for a $30 lawn or a $40 lawn... They are everywhere, and our minimum is in the $50 range if we even want to waste our time on them. I'll give you five cents for both.

andyslawncare
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
BTW... don't use servicemagic ever! waste of time, the people always go with the low bidder. Its a waste of $200-$500 per month!

chuacro
06-07-2011, 01:44 AM
so you would not do a 15 minute lawn for $20?

Will P.C.
06-07-2011, 02:04 AM
I think its a dikhead move by Capt Pike to try and profit off these yards. Give them away in good faith.

First, it is up to the homeowner on what they want to do after you tell them that you are out, but Company ABC is excellent and they should hire them.
They may decide to buy a mower or hire someone cheaper.

Golfpro21
06-07-2011, 07:39 AM
ya, they are not sellable, drop them if you don't want to service them.....as far as bi-weekly...that's a real selling feature

topsites
06-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Service Magic is more than happy to charge for leads that often times don't even turn into profitable work.

I don't see my situation as being any different, except the lead I can provide would be a lot more qualified than a lead from Service Magic.

Oh, turns out my original interpretation was correct after all. :angry:
I guess I should bother with an actual reply, but like Service Magic you have wasted enough of my time.