PDA

View Full Version : My Ferris cut quality?

ommegang
06-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a Ferris 2007 is1500z 52" 25HP Kawi. Cut quality seems lacking. Perhaps I mow to fast. I sharpen my blades often by grinding. Maybe gator blades? Do mower brands differ that much in cut quality? I know Ferris upgraded thier deck to an ICD deck. And at the Exmark dealer, he said I couldn't compare a Bobcat WB because thier not the same - then he gave me the Exmark line. This is the only ZTR that I have experience on. My 1998 Exmark WB seemed to cut better, I hate to admit. I sold it to look for a 36"WB

thezaz
06-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I have a 2000z and I have changed blades a few times. Brands that is.
i take mine in and sharpen them and balance. I found gator work good but I still end up sharpening once a week. The gator have a harder metal and are a bit thinner than the stock that came with it originally. I still have to go slow when cutting some stuff but thats normal. I have run scags in the past and have found a better cut with them than my Ferris. I am looking to get out of my Ferris. I used a gravely pro stance and it had a better cut than the Ferris.

ommegang
06-04-2011, 05:06 PM
You want to change beacuse of cut? Mine only has 50 hrs. Cut is acceptable. I wouldn't mind trying something different too. But then I'd have to go to an Exmark. The Ferris ICD deck is supposed to be much better though.

A-1 LAWN
06-04-2011, 06:28 PM
my dealer told me to run factory blades with the icd deck.I have the snapper with the icd and leaves a nice finish cut.I run factory blades and balance them when sharpening