PDA

View Full Version : Scag V ride?

thezaz
06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Anybody Have a scag V Ride? How is it on hills?
Been Looking at a pro stance then my transmission went out on truck but i should be getting that money back. So I am still looking into stand on of some kind. I am searching local dealers for a demo but would like feedback if someone has one. thanks

stolonscreep
06-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I have been using a demo vride 52" velocity deck and 26 hp kawasaki this week. It has done very well with speed and cut quality. Here are the issues I have had though, as with all standers when you try to turn when going down a slope you better be doing so "gingerly" or you will slide a bit. This particular machine will lock up as soon as you let off the control a little too far on one side, maybe the neutral position needs to be adjusted and that problem will go away. As far as what I like about it is the overall control. It responds very well and ride is not as rough as my old Great Dane. It holds well on the hills once you are pointed in the direction you want to go. If you have any other specific questions let me know.

djagusch
06-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Love my 48" vride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jwengerd
06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
We use a 52" v ride and love it. It will climb a mountain, only issue I have seen with it is mowing diagonal lines on a steep hill or turning on a steep hill it will slid out and you better hang on cause its not gonna stop till the bottom.....;), id say the hill was 25 degrees mabey 30 . we also have a52" grandstand and the v-ride deff has the better cut dry and wet grass, also stripes well.

thezaz
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I have been using a demo vride 52" velocity deck and 26 hp kawasaki this week. It has done very well with speed and cut quality. Here are the issues I have had though, as with all standers when you try to turn when going down a slope you better be doing so "gingerly" or you will slide a bit. This particular machine will lock up as soon as you let off the control a little too far on one side, maybe the neutral position needs to be adjusted and that problem will go away. As far as what I like about it is the overall control. It responds very well and ride is not as rough as my old Great Dane. It holds well on the hills once you are pointed in the direction you want to go. If you have any other specific questions let me know.

How is the controls? is they jumpy the gravely has a bit so that's why i ask.

DLAWNS
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
We have the 52" and love it. It is a little jumpy I guess, but not too bad. Here is a link to a review thread that I put up. A lot of good info in there... http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=327564&highlight=Scag+V-Ride+review

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
06-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Got the 52 as well, Its no walk behind on hills, but i will say after a couple months using it I've gotten alot more comfortable handling hills, on most of my yards ive just changed my route of mowing(Side to side instead of updown etc.) The kawasaki is a little thirsty too but the versatility and speed of it outweigh any of the negatives, I was looking at getting a 60 zero and a 48 walk behind this year but basically the 52 stander does the job of both which saved me alot of money.