PDA

View Full Version : "Un-professional"

Storm the Patriot
06-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Has anybody noticed that this word seems to be a favorite for a lot of people on here? Can I wear that out at work? No...thats unprofessional...Dont put that sign on your truck...its unprofessional. Dont say that...its un professional...Granted some of the stuff may be, but it seems that this term is thrown around quite a bit when it is not neccesary. Just my opinion.

GMLC
06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
In some areas there is so much competition professionalism is very rare and separates the men from the boys. I consider myself a professional but many others could care less. So to me its very important. I feel most aren't professional enough. So I guess I'm one that throughs that word around a lot here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Showpropserv
06-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Well I think it is un-professional to be criticizing people on here about criticizing:nono:

GMLC
06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Just realized I spelled throw wrong in my last post so I'm unprofessional!
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
People can be as "unprofessional" as they want as long as they do their work in a workman-like manner in my opinion. So if they can do a great job working out of the back of a station wagon, who's to say that it's wrong.

THEGOLDPRO
06-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I believe there is a fine line between unprofessional. I try and be as professional as i can but sometimes i step over the line. I also think that what some people believe might be unprofessional others might see as normal and vise versa. As long as you dont look and act like your going to do a home invasion on the property and do good work you will be fine.

grassman177
06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
In some areas there is so much competition professionalism is very rare and separates the men from the boys. I consider myself a professional but many others could care less. So to me its very important. I feel most aren't professional enough. So I guess I'm one that throughs that word around a lot here.
Posted via Mobile Device

kinda how i feel sort of. but i wont degrade them about it, cuz you reap what you sow.

grassman177
06-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I believe there is a fine line between unprofessional. I try and be as professional as i can but sometimes i step over the line. I also think that what some people believe might be unprofessional others might see as normal and vise versa. As long as you dont look and act like your going to do a home invasion on the property and do good work you will be fine.

also good words, and i think this way too.

i mean, we all view differently. I am def not "normal" so i cant say much

93Chevy
06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
I believe there is a fine line between unprofessional.

Between unprofessional and what?

That's bad grammar to leave a sentence hanging like that.

Very unprofessional :nono::nono:

THEGOLDPRO
06-04-2011, 11:17 PM
lol meant to say between unprofessional and professional. im pretty tired and dont really know what i write half the time.

93Chevy
06-04-2011, 11:28 PM
lol I hear you, I don't even know why I'm still awake.

cpllawncare
06-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I think it comes down to what level do you want to do business? If your going to be dealing with the higher end folks they want to see professionalism, if not, it is not quite as important as they are looking for the cheapest possible and that's all they care about. It is important to me for my business to look as professonal as possible because I don't operate on the premise of cheap.