PDA

View Full Version : Property Management Company

Skyking
06-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Any One Work with Property Management Company

vanncann
06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Have done work for prop. man. co. in the past. Very slow to pay and would never answer the phone. I guess it's what company you are working for...

vencops
06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I guess it's what company you are working for...

I sure hope so. I AM a property management Co..

I don't sub out LCO work, though. Too profitable. I do all I want/can handle (solo). LCO work is about 30% of my business model.

Will P.C.
06-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I wish there was more property management companies.

Being an owner of a few small duplexes and not being in the same town has forced me to use one of these companies. I went with a local small company and the guys did a great job. The owner retired and no one took over. I then went with a large company who 'sub contracted' the work and I started getting calls from the tenants all the time.

Pretty big market for these guys especially if you live in a college town or a place where there are tons of people renting.

I would assume the money is much better. The start up costs more since you need a good bit of equipment and tools. Obviously, you need a great deal of knowledge about plumbing, HVAC, etc. Most of the repairs are fairly minor and the big stuff you could sub to another company and still make some money.

MowHouston
06-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I currently have two property management companies on my routes and I have worked for 4 or 5 others in the past.

Smaller guys (local guys) usually pay faster and pay more.

Larger companies try to pay less, want a sh*tload of pictures, and pay out 30-40 days after.

I got in real good with a this large company and he advanced me 50% of my checks for the first 45 days to help cover costs of growth (I went from 70 lawns to 190 in a week) and now the checks come in weekly.

Its hard to find a a company that will take care of you like that, but if you find one, don't let em go.

A lot of larger companies are trying to pay out $25 per cut. Try to steer clear of them or pick and choose the properties they give you.

The only reason I went with this large company is because they pay $33 per cut with $50 initial cuts regardless of how low the grass is. Its working out really well.