PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have A/c In the trailer???

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok guys i was just wondering if any of you have or ever had A/c in the trailer....

I work on the crew (owner and operator) and i usually have 3-4 other guys with me. I also have a STRICK rule that is "we eat lunch in the grass!" I give my guys the option of getting lunch at meijer gas station (where we fill up everyday) at 7AM or Bringing a lunch with you. I reuse to go to Burger king Half way across town then back to the HOA were we have to work! and its hot as hell out there i figured an A/c unit wouldnt be too bad in the trailer especially when we eat lunch. Just pull the mowers out and chill for 30-60 min.

im looking for a 18' enclosed trailer and i came across this used one for 1000 bucks Old guy. Used it for his motorcycles.very clean think im going to get it as long as someone doesnt convince me otherwise.

topsites
06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Sure yeah after we've been doing this a long time nobody wants to be uncomfortable during lunch break but
I always wondered why folks would stop at having only one puny air conditioning unit, here are some of our setups,
these range from spartan to contemporary, quick lunch vs. live-in, and of course there's always the luxury lounge,
certainly all of these are fully powered Satellite and Wi-fi enabled:

Lawn Officer
06-05-2011, 11:17 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Patriot Services
06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
After this week I'm beginning to wonder. Seriuosly though, the trailer will not cool down quickly and you still have an enclosed space of several sweating, smelling people. Makes more sense to start the truck 30 minutes before lunch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raymond S.
06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I'd rather take a break under a shade tree. I can't stand stepping back out into the elements after being in the a/c. I have air in the truck and MIGHT turn it on heading back to the shop at the end of the day. The more I do this stuff the more I start to dislike the muscle stiffening, unmotivating, dreary eyed air conditioning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Think Green
06-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Topsites,
You are on your way to being the next Lenny Bruce........LOL!

As far as cooling things down......the truck has an air conditioner...........I set it to low and run it during the day with the windows cracked to allow general slow transitions to the heat. If you make things too comfortable, the men will hang out in the trailer and not on the job.

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Topsites,
You are on your way to being the next Lenny Bruce........LOL!

As far as cooling things down......the truck has an air conditioner...........I set it to low and run it during the day with the windows cracked to allow general slow transitions to the heat. If you make things too comfortable, the men will hang out in the trailer and not on the job.

You all are right. Also the trailer has Plastic curtains so it will stay somewhat cool while the doores are open. But the guy only wants 1k for the whole setup so even if i do get it and sell it. I could sell it for more!

If anyone wants a open 8X14 Landscape/ skid tandem axel trailer
let me know
Price is $1800
Trailer holds 7k+ lbs