PDA

View Full Version : I love this machine! !

ringahding
06-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I purchased this mower last year, but was absent from the day to day mowing operations....I was spending most of my days growing the business....
My son captured me in action...still trying to get the straight lines down, I think @ this point have only 50 hours on this machine...very touchy, but FAST! ! Check it out.....

-OpCe8xgLGo

:cool2:

ringahding
06-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Still a little curvy....anyone have this same machine? Toro Zmaster..

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/ringahding/Ring%20Lawn%20Care%202011/100_0982-1-1.jpg

flatlander42
06-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks like a nice strong mower!

bobcat48
06-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Nice mower,very kool.

ringahding
06-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Thanx Flatlander...yes very strong...on hills it is amazing!

meets1
06-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Is this your first Z?? There nice.

ringahding
06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Meets1: Yeah this is my 1st Z...couldn't find a dealer I trusted til now...www.gruberspower.com (http://www.gruberspower.com) Love the LESCO's (bang for the buck) but they've stopped making the zero-turn...so I took the Plunge...When I worked for another LCC years ago, we used there...but yulp my 1st one and will most likely purchase another in the future...

KPZ Enterprises
07-03-2011, 03:33 PM
when ur ready for another rider look into scag, iv used exmark,toro,husq..and many others n scag is the best, hands down.

ringahding
07-05-2011, 08:13 PM
KPZ...I've used SCAGS before, U R so correct they have always been my 1st want! The decks are so truly built for what we do..Problem we have is the dealer is too far. Toro dealer is only 8 miles from us. And like I mentioned, TRUST is hard to come.
Just recently we had a pulley shake off the TORO and they took the time to take off the HUB pulley part with a puller after one of the gentlemen there said they were 2 weeks out....So I will need to get them a great review on GOOGLE.

S L C
07-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanx Flatlander...yes very strong...on hills it is amazing!

You're crazy. the old Toro's SUCKED on hills. I had one and got rid of it because of it... deck cut great tho...:rolleyes:

White Gardens
07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
My son captured me in action...still trying to get the straight lines down,

You need to teach him dead reckoning.

Tyler7692
07-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Straight stripes are easy to get down.

One problem you're having is that when you approach trees, you just cut around them and keep on going

You need to do a full circle around the tree then continue on going in the original direction from which you approached the tree. Minimizes trimming for one thing and helps to keep stripes straight and gives the appearance of them going right through the tree.

ringahding
07-08-2011, 06:48 AM
You're crazy. the old Toro's SUCKED on hills. I had one and got rid of it because of it... deck cut great tho...:rolleyes:

CRAZY! ! ?? Yeah more than not..ha ha OLD Toro's I cannot comment on them, only this 27HP machine FLYING up hills like nothing...Deck cuttin like a champ! Maybe one day when we can afford a 31 hp , my mind will most likely change, and that machine will blow my CRAZY mind..Our Lescos do not have anything on this machine, it darn near mows itself just needs a push and it's GONE!

ringahding
08-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Straight stripes are easy to get down.

One problem you're having is that when you approach trees, you just cut around them and keep on going

You need to do a full circle around the tree then continue on going in the original direction from which you approached the tree. Minimizes trimming for one thing and helps to keep stripes straight and gives the appearance of them going right through the tree.

That's actually the way i was trained years ago(to circle obstacles). We actually don't have all properties with LUSH turf to do this on every property. So in order to avoid tree Rings, tire marks, or ruts on non-lush turf(like the one in the video) we take this approach.

lifetree
08-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Congratulations on your new toy !!

RSK Property Maintenance
09-04-2011, 11:49 PM
nice looking machine, but like everyone said, scag is the way to go, with 865hrs on my 05 tiger cub I bought new, I've only had to replace, the drive belt twice now, the deck belt 3 times, and the pto switch once, and an idler pulley was showing a very small amount of wear so it was replaced this year at the time of the drive belt, about 600 in repairs in 6yrs and buying all the parts from the dealer, not too bad imo. well worth the money, only way to go. also for the trees, you don't want to go drive up to them, then back up and go around, just drive around them. and continue with your pattern, much quicker, and you won't ever get a ring.

Green Industry Pro
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Awesome machine. One of my friends has one just like it.

ringahding
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
nice looking machine, but like everyone said, scag is the way to go, with 865hrs on my 05 tiger cub I bought new, I've only had to replace, the drive belt twice now, the deck belt 3 times, and the pto switch once, and an idler pulley was showing a very small amount of wear so it was replaced this year at the time of the drive belt, about 600 in repairs in 6yrs and buying all the parts from the dealer, not too bad imo. well worth the money, only way to go. also for the trees, you don't want to go drive up to them, then back up and go around, just drive around them. and continue with your pattern, much quicker, and you won't ever get a ring.

Trees: Essentially after posting this thread, that's what I've been doing due to all the suggestions. And I say thank you all! See old doggggggs can learn new tricks...thanks again, works like a charm

chadslawncare
10-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Still a little curvy....anyone have this same machine? Toro Zmaster..

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/ringahding/Ring%20Lawn%20Care%202011/100_0982-1-1.jpg

I have a Z500 and I would not trade it for any other mower. I have the bagger/vac attachment and it does a great job for leaf pickup.
Chad