PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Navigator Questions

kubotafan
06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
How are the Exmark Navigaters hold up. For those who have used Walkers, how do they compare for agility and cut quality? How well does the mulch/pick up mode work? Does it windrow or leave a nice looking lawn? Which motor would work best for the 48" deck? How does price compare with the Walkers?

RTR Landscaping
06-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't use baggers but had a friend that switched from Walker to the Navigator. He used it one season and traded it to a dealer for a Walker. He said the footprint is a lot heavier than the Walker and the cut doesn't compare. He will stick with Walker. I'm sure you will find different pricing from dealer to dealer but I think the Navigator is a little higher. Hope this helps.

Tall Rider
06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I havent owned either but ran them for a company I worked for two seasons. I like both a lot to be honest. The Navigator I liked a little better. Easier on the daily maintenance and was built heavier in the places that counted. The deck skirt is heavier. During the time I was around both machines the Walkers ate two gear boxes and were out a week and half while out for repair. No apparent reason why this happened and the operators weren't rough on them. The Navi's cut and bagged just as well. The lack of the high dump, power dump or tubs at the time didn't matter as we just backed the machines on the trailer to dump by hand. Also the Navi's were cheaper but didn't seem to be cheaper made. Almost two thousand dollars difference (12K vs. 14K here)

Brett