PDA

View Full Version : NEW stihl fuel caps

ffemt1271
06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Picked up this FS100RX thursday, and was pleased to see they have gone back to a screw in cap

Richard Martin
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Stihl is really screwing things up here. Consistency is key to retaining customers. They don't seem to be able to make up their minds about which cap they want to use. First it was the D flip cap (what happened to A,B and C?), then it was the E flip cap and now they have a screw in cap. Make up my mind already.

GrandMaster
06-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Picked up this FS100RX thursday, and was pleased to see they have gone back to a screw in cap

Ya i just got the recall for 12 pieces I have my hell they work fine now!

yardguy28
06-05-2011, 07:11 PM
i still like my d flip cap. while i have some minor issues with it when extremely hot i have found i can just force it closed with no problem.

the cap always turns completely closed but sometimes the d part doesn't want to flip down with ease so one day i just got rough with it and it works fine. never broke it or anything. so now the few times it gives me issues i just get rough with it.

disappointed to see they are going back to a screw on cap.

JB1
06-05-2011, 07:15 PM
them caps was the dumbest thing they ever did, was nothing wrong with the screw caps, they don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Lugnut
06-05-2011, 07:19 PM
thats a good cap, ive got one on my demo saw. still a quarter turn cap without the exrta nonsense