PDA

View Full Version : Sub Contract Weedeating/Trimming

cookslandscaping18
06-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I own a landscape business and today and was looking around and was thinking if anybody has tried to run a business just off of weedeating. Like other companys maybe getting you to weedeat there developments or big propertys. I also thought of maybe contacting the golf courses around my town to see if they would be interested in maybe sub contracting out there weedeating and trimming. If they did it would free up a ton of man hours and allow them to concentrate on bigger task at hands. It may be kindy of a dumb idea but i just thought i would see what people thought or maybe have tried before

joed
06-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Never thought of your idea but I think it's excellent. Trimming can often take as long as mowing. Not sure about the logistics and costs but it sounds like something worth exploring.

93Chevy
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
You could definitely look into that for HOAs and commercial properties with steep hills that are required to be trimmed or cut once or twice a year.

dboyd351
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I think it's a great idea. In my area there are a lot of steep ditches you need a string trimmer to cut. You could drive a small, fuel efficient truck and your gas costs would be far less than most LCOs. Good potential niche market.Thumbs Up

cpllawncare
06-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I think it's a great idea. In my area there are a lot of steep ditches you need a string trimmer to cut. You could drive a small, fuel efficient truck and your gas costs would be far less than most LCOs. Good potential niche market.Thumbs Up

speaking of niche market, I had a flyer taped to my trash can by a trash can cleaning company, I was like wow!

Will P.C.
06-05-2011, 09:06 PM
2000 homes in my development the same or very similar mailboxes provided the HOA. I had a guy coming around the other day offering to paint the mailbox for 20 dollars.

Golf courses usually have 2 guys on a weedeater non stop. 2-3 other guys will hop on weedeaters as well when they finish their work.

Golf course workers here are mostly Mexican though.

PROCUT1
06-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Good idea in theory but when I had a mowing company, if a business called for just weedwhacking, I would have taken the job and sent my workers. I think most guys would take on jobs that were just weedwhacking if they were asked.

So while a good idea, I dont think the demand is there.