PDA

View Full Version : Looking for summer job. 16 yrs old.

flyingdutch16
06-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey guys,

Ive been looking on craigslist for a summer job. None of them returned my emails at all. I do mow lawns for my own(7) but would like to get some more experience. I live in the west chester are in pennsylvania.

I just have a question. Should I tell the people that i email for a job that I mow my own lawns and that i have experience with a commercial trimmer and zero turn? Or should I not tell them that i mow some lawns for my self?

Hope you guys can help me out.

Oh and if you have work for me, I am a hard working 16 year old and willing to work for you. Just PM or comment down below.

Thanks guys

mikemat31
06-06-2011, 01:29 AM
im 16 as well I work for a landscaper. he saw me shoveling during the winter and he has been calling me since. If I were you avoid saying your age the first email. Say hi i am so and so. don't say you cut lawns on the side might make it seem like your trying to take business. say you have past experience running an assortment of commercial equipment. don't say your age because it is misleading you can be young and still operate equipment just as good as anyone out there. plus you will be willing to work just as hard and can probably last longer in the field because you have more energy just my .02

93Chevy
06-06-2011, 07:00 AM
What happened to a good old fashioned phone call?

jeffslawnservice
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Might be a little far but I am in Northeast Philly and I can definitly give you some hours. But like I said I think it might be some what too far.

flyingdutch16
06-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Might be a little far but I am in Northeast Philly and I can definitly give you some hours. But like I said I think it might be some what too far.

I send you a PM

White Gardens
06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Make sure if your 16 to talk to your potential employer about workman's comp.

Most work comp providers state that employees must be at least 18 years of age to run power equipment.