PDA

View Full Version : 2 seasons a year?

weeze
06-05-2011, 08:46 PM
anyone else live where you only have 2 seasons a year?...seems here in bama all we have is summer and winter...spring and fall last about a week or two each lol...was in the 70s-80s here for 2 weeks maybe and now we are in mid 90s already lol.....it's really strange as it seems to get colder each year in the winter and hotter each summer...it snowed here 5 times this winter which it's never done in my lifetime......i hope it's not like last year where it was 100 degrees for a month or two straight :cry:

madisonpressurewashing
06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
The weather here in Bama has been strange the last year and a half.

kgcs
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah, over here in Georgia it is about the same. 100 degree summers. Snowy winters. Doesn't make much sense. This past winter was the first time I have seen a snow plow before

tuffram
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Almost all of my yards here in east central bama are burnt to a crisp have made arrangements with a couple of customers no to cut until we get rain here. The last drops that hit the ground were on April 27 no rain since the day the bad tornados hit we need some rain very bad.

06LTNox
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
My take on it is that the extremes of summer and winter seem to be getting further apart and like it has been mentioned, spring and fall just don't seem to be around very long.

weeze
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
it's really strange here right now...it was really wet with too much rain about a month ago and now it's really dry and dusty since we've had little rain but for some reason the grass is still growing like mad...i cut one last week that is bi weekly and the grass had grown over a foot tall in only two weeks and it rained once i think since the last time i cut it and it didn't even rain much that day...grass is starting to turn brown here from lack of rain in some spots but yet in other areas the grass is really green and growing like crazy...it's just weird lol....the last time i cut that yard the grass had only grown 4-5" in two weeks and we had been getting more rain during that time...it just doesn't make any sense.

tuffram
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
it's really strange here right now...it was really wet with too much rain about a month ago and now it's really dry and dusty since we've had little rain but for some reason the grass is still growing like mad...i cut one last week that is bi weekly and the grass had grown over a foot tall in only two weeks and it rained once i think since the last time i cut it and it didn't even rain much that day...grass is starting to turn brown here from lack of rain in some spots but yet in other areas the grass is really green and growing like crazy...it's just weird lol

Not just south of you Jason my parents live in friendship area I know you know where that is. I had their yard beautiful this spring they have all St. Augustine grass that was lush green and striped good now its dark brown and dirt showing even have watered it 3 times a week and itís still dead as he!!. I have never seen it this dry in Alabama in over 20 years hard to believe all the rain we had 6 to 7 weeks back and have not had any since but have had scorching heat for 3 weeks now. It was so hot this past Friday 99 degrees humidity 85% heat index 112 I was cutting some yards and the birds were picking up worms with hot pan holders on. lol

weeze
06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
haha...yeah i hear you...i sure hope it's not 100 degrees for 2 months here again like last year lol

tuffram
06-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah me to I do not care what anyone says I have been all over the country and spent several weeks each time I traveled during winter and summer months there are very few places in the U.S that experience extreme summers like we do in the south period. I have to go to Lima Ohio next week for a few days and I am looking forward to some relief from this weather.

Mikegyver
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Hot and Christmas. Or January and Hot. Or Winter or summer.
Never heard of fall or spring.
mike