PDA

View Full Version : do you do this?

lawnwizards
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
do you do this or let your employees smoke while working or go shirtless while working? saw a guy the other day doing both, cutting with a mower shirtless with a cigarette in his mouth. i wouldnt ever do it in a million years. it looks so unprofessional. thoughts?

Bumpmaster
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
How did the grass look when he was done? Was he efficient while mowing?

ashgrove landscaping
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
i go shirtless all of the time when it s hot enough. My employee as well. No body cares and they may even like it ha ha

grincon
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Smoke in the rig is fine on customer property... Hell no! and shirtless? are you kidding?

Bumpmaster
06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
i go shirtless all of the time when it s hot enough. My employee as well. No body cares and they may even like it ha ha

I here you their buddy. If I had a nice six pack I would show it of as well.

JB1
06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
yeah but I do use sunscreen.

SouthSide Cutter
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM
At my Banks and Resturants and thats about all I do is pick up butts. My house sets along one of our major highways to town. Same thing butts and cig packs. Would just like to collect them see someone throw some down then take a years worth and dump them in their yard. Then see what they think. Wouldnt hire a person who smokes and cant stand to be around someone who does. Just cant stand the smell. And they should have their cloths on also.

lawnwizards
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I here you their buddy. If I had a nice six pack I would show it of as well.

you mean you "hear" him? people already look down on our profession, we dont need anymore negative stereotypes. :hammerhead:

Bumpmaster
06-05-2011, 10:50 PM
you mean you "hear" him? people already look down on our profession, we dont need anymore negative stereotypes. :hammerhead:

Yep *trucewhiteflag*

B&GLandscaping
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
no to both questions. no matter how hot out it is, shirts always stay on. looks unprofessional

topsites
06-06-2011, 12:15 AM
After smoking pretty much straight for 25 years, I quit last September and been smoke free since.

PLS-Tx
06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
No and no.

Bumpmaster
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Maybe sometimes and only on the weekends.

GreenGuysLC
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
First off. . . it is proven that wearing a shirt keeps you cooler than being shirtless . . and smoking on somones property is absolutely disresectful.

Why must people on here relegate this profession to nothing more than a low class hobbie?? Some of us work hard to build a reputable business and promote professionalism to this service. It is a shame some of you think so little of your livelyhood. It is topics like this one that seperate the Lawn Care Professionals from the guy that cuts grass! And Yes .. there is a huge difference!

Runner
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
When I was young and naive back in the early to mid 80's, I used to. I would wear shorts and no shirts. Many of the professional office complexes we did had alot of hot girls running around (receptionists, dental hygienists, etc.), so it worked out well. looking back oin it now, how much business it probably cost me,... I see how foolish it was.

USA Lawn Care
06-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Even my 9 year old will tell me that unless you're at the pool............it's just plain tacky to be out not wearing a shirt! :)

chuacro
06-06-2011, 12:54 AM
I smoke. I do it in the truck. I never smoke infront of my customers. I wear a shirt. I do not want my senior ladies chasing me around. I do good to take of my wife. Topsites how did you quit smoking? Send me a pm if you can.

topsites
06-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I smoke. I do it in the truck. I never smoke infront of my customers. I wear a shirt. Topsites how did you quit smoking? Send me a pm if you can.

Well it unfortunately ain't no big secret to it, all I know is cold turkey.

johnny_boy02
06-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I smoke. I do it in the truck. I never smoke infront of my customers. I wear a shirt. I do not want my senior ladies chasing me around. I do good to take of my wife. Topsites how did you quit smoking? Send me a pm if you can.

No to both.

I quit chewing a couple years ago. Honestly it is hard but all ou have to do is make up your mind and stick to it. I know easier said than done, but there is no easy answer.

chuacro
06-06-2011, 02:43 AM
I did not want to change topic. Thanks for the advice.

madisonpressurewashing
06-06-2011, 01:21 PM
After smoking pretty much straight for 25 years, I quit last September and been smoke free since.

:cool2::drinkup::clapping: Tell us how you did it please