PDA

View Full Version : Lowballing illegals done it again

Poontamer
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I HAD a great account I was doing and I seen some start up going door 2 door with flyers while I was blowing off and ready to leave,sure enough got a call next day from my client saying she wants to end my services cause she found someone else who is gonna do it for $80 a month while I was charging her $140 a month! So I decided to see who this replacement is because she says they are gonna pressure wash her driveway today as a token of there appreciation.Guess who it is pressure washing her driveway with a lowes special the same illegals passing out flyers! They seen my staring at them and started talking spanish and laughing? I wanted to pull my Sig out and shoot everyone of them. Anyone else have similar experience? Its such bs but what can you do
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawkshot99
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I wanted to pull my Sig out and shoot everyone of them. Anyone else have similar experience? Its such bs but what can you do
Posted via Mobile Device

Well murdering them will certainly solve the problem...

knox gsl
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Round up balloons
Posted via Mobile Device

elitelawnteam1
06-05-2011, 11:35 PM
i need to learn spanish, because all too often they start speaking spanish and laughing. One day I want to say something back to them.

If our government actually had a brain, they would formulate a plan to deport them all in one massive sting operation.

Jan Brewer for President 2012

Poontamer
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
And they seen me doing her yard too its like there saying haha you have just been LowBalled.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLCS
06-05-2011, 11:42 PM
You sure they are illegals? If so I would tell yourn former customer that she is breaking the law by hiring them. Won't do any good but she needs to know.

topsites
06-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Omg it's your own fault you even saw them going around by your own admission and you
failed to do anything about it, so you had your chance now don't be mad you blew it.

And they seen me doing her yard too

Oh well that was your chance!

Hell most of the time I don't get that much, they sneak around after I am done, I don't see them coming but
that's been going on for a long time, I guess my talking about it here didn't really hit home until now.

One more thing...
You pull that silly little peashooter on me you'd either be looking awful funny walking down the road with some
pistola protruding out from your behind, or you'd be looking at 20 to life, either way you want it I don't care.

Poontamer
06-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Im just guessing there illegals buy there appereance Im gonna see how her yard turns out mid june and see if itstill looks good if not ill call her and let her know my services are still available and I would be happy to return her yard back to the way it was
Posted via Mobile Device

Poontamer
06-05-2011, 11:50 PM
So what was I supposed to do tell them to f@$# off? Tell the customer dont get that flyer? Explain
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawkshot99
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
So what was I supposed to do tell them to f@$# off? Tell the customer dont get that flyer? Explain
Posted via Mobile Device

You could have taken the flyer instead of leaving it.

Poontamer
06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
They must have did it while I left cause I waited a lil bit and left I have more accounts to do
Posted via Mobile Device

ecurbthims
06-06-2011, 12:23 AM
you should of kicked the crap out of them ,ripped up their flyers,and called the border patrol

betterlawnsandlandscaping
06-06-2011, 12:38 AM
They did you a favor! Go find a better customer to replace her with. If they want to work for next to nothing, good for them.

Poontamer
06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
you should of kicked the crap out of them ,ripped up their flyers,and called the border patrol

Haha im calling them tomorrow lol
Posted via Mobile Device

johnny_boy02
06-06-2011, 01:56 AM
I HAD a great account I was doing and I seen some start up going door 2 door with flyers while I was blowing off and ready to leave,sure enough got a call next day from my client saying she wants to end my services cause she found someone else who is gonna do it for $80 a month while I was charging her $140 a month! So I decided to see who this replacement is because she says they are gonna pressure wash her driveway today as a token of there appreciation.Guess who it is pressure washing her driveway with a lowes special the same illegals passing out flyers! They seen my staring at them and started talking spanish and laughing? I wanted to pull my Sig out and shoot everyone of them. Anyone else have similar experience? Its such bs but what can you do
Posted via Mobile Device

I feel like this every time I get stuck behind the mexican woman that speaks no english in the check out line that has one screaming kid and is pregnant using her WIC vouchers. I love seeing my tax money at work......

elitelawnteam1
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I believe the border patrol's number is 1 (800) 232-5378. My brother helps out at our church's food pantry, and he says a majority of the population that goes there is mexican, can't speak english, and they drive in landscaping trucks and some come out in their "pimped out" cars. Ever seen those? Real shiny and expensive i'm sure, I guess a car is more important than feeding yourself and your 7 kids

lawnboy dan
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
i always take the flyers left by others

cpllawncare
06-06-2011, 05:57 PM
i always take the flyers left by others

Not to mention the signs touting Yards cut for $25

Toy2
06-06-2011, 07:04 PM
No stress dude, when she's getting the rear end job she wasn't expecting and about to get her throat slit.......PAY FOR AMERICAN should come to her mind....

Poontamer
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
No stress dude, when she's getting the rear end job she wasn't expecting and about to get her throat slit.......PAY FOR AMERICAN should come to her mind....

Made in USA
Posted via Mobile Device

clean_cut
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Do you really want a customer that cares only about price? If somebody wants to drop me for an illegal company, i'm not sure I'd want to work for them anyway...

VAMower
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Just call you county tax administration department and tell them someone is running an illegal unlicensed landscaping business out of your old customers address. Tell them you've seen a landscaping truck there a lot and you don't think that the property is zoned as a commercial property, make two or three phone calls and they usually send a zoning agent out to talk to the homeowner. Homeowner will then realize the difference between a legit company and the guys that she hired.

Poontamer
06-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Sounds like good advice
Posted via Mobile Device

ProStreetCamaro
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
How big of a lawn are we talking? 5000, 8000 10000sq/ft or more? Just about everybody around here cuts anything 8000 or less for $20.

topsites
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
How big of a lawn are we talking? 5000, 8000 10000sq/ft or more? Just about everybody around here cuts anything 8000 or less for $20.

Gosh that's kind of high.

Will P.C.
06-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I believe the border patrol's number is 1 (800) 232-5378. My brother helps out at our church's food pantry, and he says a majority of the population that goes there is mexican, can't speak english, and they drive in landscaping trucks and some come out in their "pimped out" cars. Ever seen those? Real shiny and expensive i'm sure, I guess a car is more important than feeding yourself and your 7 kids

I got sucked into doing some work at my local food pantry which is pretty big by a neighbor. That place literally made me sick. I used to feel ill leaving there.

They used to try and hit me up for gas money. It wasn't enough that they were getting 400 dollars worth of good groceries into their car for free. Hell, I don't even buy some of the stuff they were getting because it is too expensive. They wanted a 20 for gas.

McVey Landscape
06-07-2011, 04:29 AM
It's everywhere. ICE is busy picking them up so they can jump back in. I work in the law enforcement field full time and full time LCO. Yes I stay busy. I think there is no stopping it!! We are starting to experience this in area. We have a couple Illegal LCO's starting up and cutting throat with Run down equipment.

If your client left ya for someone cheaper they must not have been loyal and looking for a better deal. In most cases the better deal is not always better. If she calls ya back up her price for the same great service you provide.

Poontamer
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
About 18,000sqft
Posted via Mobile Device

billybob1675
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
The problems with illegals and lowballers in general is simple. They drive down the cost of the service for the whole region. Hell these guys even pressure washed her driveway for free. I have to agree to buy American, local, but this whole damn nation is going broke, thus the reason Wal-Mart has become so successful. The other thing we cannot assume is that lowballers and vagrants can't cut grass. Hell they might do a BETTER job. Thats what you really have to worry about when customer x starts talking them up. The question we all have to ask are selves is are we all willing to pay more for quality for everything and can we afford to do so. I think not, and our costomers do the same. It sucks; thats why im selling out. Ohio has declared war on landscapers starting next year(anything over 10k with truck and trailer combined).

cpllawncare
06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
The problems with illegals and lowballers in general is simple. They drive down the cost of the service for the whole region. Hell these guys even pressure washed her driveway for free. I have to agree to buy American, local, but this whole damn nation is going broke, thus the reason Wal-Mart has become so successful. The other thing we cannot assume is that lowballers and vagrants can't cut grass. Hell they might do a BETTER job. Thats what you really have to worry about when customer x starts talking them up. The question we all have to ask are selves is are we all willing to pay more for quality for everything and can we afford to do so. I think not, and our costomers do the same. It sucks; thats why im selling out. Ohio has declared war on landscapers starting next year(anything over 10k with truck and trailer combined).

War as in? You can't run away when it gets hard, you have to dig in and work a lil harder.

loyd meeks
06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
A guy I know had 2 magnetic signs for his door that said in huge font BORDER then very small font LAWN and then again in huge font
PATROL

Agreen-go
06-07-2011, 11:15 PM
I got sucked into doing some work at my local food pantry which is pretty big by a neighbor. That place literally made me sick. I used to feel ill leaving there.

They used to try and hit me up for gas money. It wasn't enough that they were getting 400 dollars worth of good groceries into their car for free. Hell, I don't even buy some of the stuff they were getting because it is too expensive. They wanted a 20 for gas.
funny thing when my wife and I are out and about doing yards we go by several different food pantries and they are all open on different days, not uncommon to see those from the other side of the fence... oh sorry there is no fence. well anyways they all know which ones are open and on which day, and not uncommon to see them getting out of brand new cars?
please note my screen name...
Agreen-go:usflag: