PDA

View Full Version : Rim and Tire Size 721D

collinscd
06-06-2011, 06:14 AM
I have an older Grasshopper 721D that could use a set of new rear tires. I can't see any numbers on the tires and rims that would indicates the size. Would anyone know what size these tires and rims would be? I was told that it is cost effective to replace the rim and tire instead of just the tire.

Thanks!

JCLawn and more
06-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I have an older Grasshopper 721D that could use a set of new rear tires. I can't see any numbers on the tires and rims that would indicates the size. Would anyone know what size these tires and rims would be? I was told that it is cost effective to replace the rim and tire instead of just the tire.

Thanks!

13x5 and a 6 inch rim. I got mine last week at walmart for $18 a tire. I don't think you will beat that with the rim and tire. The front ones are $60 a piece for rim and tire, but they went to flatless on those. The only think is the ones I got at walmart are turf instead of slicks

Lehighlawnpros
06-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi,
Try this site, and follow the link for 721D in the front-mount tractors list.
http://www.the-mower-shop-inc.com/

They are an excellent company to deal with for Grasshopper parts, highly recommended. And very good at customer service.

Lehighlawnpros
06-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi there JC,
How is the diesel running?

JCLawn and more
06-06-2011, 09:51 PM
1,667 hours and 0 engine problems. Its just everything else lol I have replaced a gear box, deck belts, front caster wheels, front caster spindles, fuel filters, drive shafts and the first thing this year broke, it is a part in the final drive unit. I can't complain, its 17 years old and I have put 160 hours on it this spring. I plan on buying a new 930D with a 72 inch deck next year. I love mine to death. If you have any problems let me know, I have been through about everything and I fix everything myself.

JCLawn and more
06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
that site is a little more expensive than my dealer, plus my dealer has my parts by 10 am the next morning or they have it is stock. Can't beat that. They even had 2 of my deck gear boxes in stock when I needed one.