PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger Wheel Motor Noise???

jwscarab
06-06-2011, 12:27 PM
OK guys I am paranoid I know. 2005 Scag Turf Tiger. When mowing yesterday, I heard a double CLICL CLICK coming out or the left wheel. It was like a ratchet or a stripping noise. It happened as I was on the bottom of a hill, turned around and pushed the levers to go back up the steep hill. It did it 2 different times, loudly. Then a few laps later the motor started to sputter.

I filled the tank with gas - which seemed 1/2 full anyway, but I added another 4 gallons. I finished with no more issues.

So am I paranoid I have a wheel motor going out? Could I have been getting air in the fuel line due to the steep hill and when the motor hestiated it made the wheel noise (sounds weird I know). Maybe I have 2 issues (wheel motor at same time I needed gas)

Anyway - any insight would be awesome!! Thanks

ed2hess
06-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Don't ignor anything like this have it checked out. How old is the unit?

jwscarab
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Its a 2005, but it does have less than 400 hours :o(

ed2hess
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Then jack it up open the bleeder and rotate both sides to see if they are pretty smooth. Usually look for fluid coming out of them....or dust build up. That is the main reason for not washing a machine. When they begin to leak a little bit have them resealed.