PDA

View Full Version : what are walk behind blowers used for?????

JoeandTob
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
what are walk behind blowers used for?????
I saw a new lesco walk behind blower for 400$
Thanks in advance:):dancing::clapping:

mowerbrad
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Walk behind leaf blowers are used for moving leaves over large areas such as parking lots and lawns. They move much more air which in turn allows them to move many more leaves than any backpack blower could. Using a walk behind leaf blower makes easy work of moving leaves from the back yard of properties to the curb for pick-up.

However, you do need to have a large enough blower to make it worth your while. There are some walk behind blowers out there that really are no better than a big back pack blower. Usually 9hp is about as small as you want to go on a walk behind blower, anything smaller doesn't move leaves near as well.

Richard Martin
06-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I use mine mostly as a second man. If I get in a situation, say where there's a gate in the middle of a fence and the leaves have to go through it, I point the blower out the gate so it blows the leaves out there for me. I guess you'd have to actually see it to understand but it saves me a lot of time.

Snapper Jack
06-06-2011, 06:42 PM
So what walk behind blowers are you guys using or recommend then? I'll be in the market for one this coming fall.

Puddle of Oil
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
i have a 9hp little wonder. you may also want to look at a billy goat.

4 seasons lawn&land
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I use mine for blowing leaves and sticks. and sand off lots in spring.

punt66
06-06-2011, 06:58 PM
I dont like the goats because of all the plastic. Giant Vac is the way i go.

Darryl G
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I like the Billy Goat Blowers because of the hand operated chute and they are fairly light.

I don't think anyone has mentioned that WB blowers can be difficult to use on lawns if the turf is soft and/or there are slopes. It can really wear you out.

I also use my WB blower like Richard does to move leaves sometimes. I will "feed" it with my backpack blower to move leaves through a gate or between a hedge or to blow them into the woods. Keep in mind that you don't have the control with a WB blower that you do with a backpack blower, so their use for small lawns is limited.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I swear bye my two 18hp self propelled Fradans you reach a point when you see pushing a ground blower is for the birds. And with over 4000 cfms they got all the power I seem to need plus they are very quick forward and reverse.

4 seasons lawn&land
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
think i gotta trade in my 18hp Goat for one of those! Thing is heavy.