PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 21 in mower

Diddy
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
What do you guys think about exmark 21 inch mower for commercial use? how do the handle bagging wet grass? any pros and cons with the mower? thanks for the in put

tuffram
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I have been using a 08 model it’s ok it is very heavy mower but very will made the cut quality is ok oil filter is nice for the money it cost I will be buying a Honda next time.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2LM&modelname=HRC216K3HXA&modelid=HRC2163HXA

Diddy
06-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I have been using a 08 model itís ok it is very heavy mower but very will made the cut quality is ok oil filter is nice for the money it cost I will be buying a Honda next time.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2LM&modelname=HRC216K3HXA&modelid=HRC2163HXA

how does it handle wet grass and hows the self propell

tuffram
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Wet grass will build up under the deck bad. The self-propelled is strong but I do not know why it has a 3rd gear I can barely keep up with it in 2nd I think the variable speed would be better.

Diddy
06-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Wet grass will build up under the deck bad. The self-propelled is strong but I do not know why it has a 3rd gear I can barely keep up with it in 2nd I think the variable speed would be better.

the wet grass problem is a problem with every mower right? does it have enough power to go through thick grass

joed
06-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a 2008 exmark metro 21" with BBC. So far it's been good. Good mulcher,leaves a good cut, the Kawasaki engine is good, powerful, and fuel effecient, very fast. On the down side, it is a bit heavy, wet grass sticks to the bottom of the deck and will clog the chute going into the back. Overall, it's been a really nice mower. A few problems in the last while, including a surging Kawasaki engine that shuts down when it gets hot. Haven't figured out why yet.

tuffram
06-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I have a 2008 exmark metro 21" with BBC. So far it's been good. Good mulcher,leaves a good cut, the Kawasaki engine is good, powerful, and fuel effecient, very fast. On the down side, it is a bit heavy, wet grass sticks to the bottom of the deck and will clog the chute going into the back. Overall, it's been a really nice mower. A few problems in the last while, including a surging Kawasaki engine that shuts down when it gets hot. Haven't figured out why yet.

Mine started surging last year took it to local small engine shop had it fixed in 30min some trash in the fuel bowel.

McVey Landscape
06-07-2011, 04:34 AM
We have two 2010's in service. We love them. Only complaint is they are heavy which I like but the guys don't. We start commercials at 5:30am with heavy dewy grass and have not experienced any problems. But I spray my decks with a light vegetable cooking oil. People think it's crazy but it works.

Diddy
06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
We have two 2010's in service. We love them. Only complaint is they are heavy which I like but the guys don't. We start commercials at 5:30am with heavy dewy grass and have not experienced any problems. But I spray my decks with a light vegetable cooking oil. People think it's crazy but it works.

have you tried fluid film