PDA

View Full Version : landscapebed on 1500???

Lance L
10-15-2002, 01:42 AM
im thinking of buying a used 1990 chevy 4x4 1500 sport for my work truck(good deal someone i know)... id rather not pull a trailer i see alot of 3500's or cutaway vans with the landscaping beds on them i didnt know if this would handle the weight im not sure what they weigh but i was thinking airbags would help out not plannin on loadin it up maybe a 44" ztr and 2 21's or maybe a wb instead of the ztr... would it handle it? or should i just stay with a trailer...? thanks

bubble boy
10-16-2002, 10:02 AM
trailer. what you're suggesting is WAY to much of a pain, and on a 1500 that would be a fair load.

as long as storage isn't a prob, you'll love the trailer.

Mykster
10-16-2002, 03:48 PM
I don't know what your finances are but this would be the truck for you. about:blankhttp://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/6/7/

If you're wanting to do mods like that I think you'd be better off with at least a 3/4ton diesel of some sort.

How much is the truck? How much is it going to cost you for the modification? Upgrades to the 1/2ton suspension, like you mentioned. I'm sure you could get a nice trailer for that same price, if you don't already have one.