PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys get that phone call from a customer that makes your day that much better?

soloscaperman
06-07-2011, 12:44 AM
I have this old lady maybe 98 years old or older. Well I get a phone call and was worried that she was going to complain since she is a little "sick" and has a bad memory sometimes. She basically lightly cried saying thank you for making my yard look so nice since the other guy ripped me off and didn't trim anything since I can't walk that good. She keep repeating your a good young man and you are so nice. She keep repeating that she had the money and was sorry that she took a nap while I was mowing. She then poured out and said thanks so much for taking my garbage can up the driveway since I have trouble doing it. She then repeated herself then said stop by for the money and a Powerade.

I really needed that compliment since not all of our customers realize what we do and how far we go sometimes for them. Trust and Honesty will carry you through rough times I guess. Word of mouth is my only advertisement! She does spot things really good like a beer can that was way back in the woods from the LCo that lives next to her. She even tells me who rips her off but she is to scared or nice to say anything. What I mean is she is pretty smart for an older person and people think she isn't that bright.

topsites
06-07-2011, 12:49 AM
There's a fine line too thou, and not to spoil it but there's a fine line between genuine appreciation and
just buttering you up, that having been said I do believe this was about genuine appreciation.

And yeah I get some too, thou at times I'm just as quick to say things make them feel good.

UfoPilot
06-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Watch out! I think she wants you...:laugh::laugh:

RLS24
06-07-2011, 12:58 AM
"Do you guys get that phone call from a customer that makes your day that much better?"

no usually they make my day that much WORSE haha.

soloscaperman
06-07-2011, 01:04 AM
She needed someone she can trust and my ex's mother (almost mother in law) recommended me to her. I know something good came from my ex's mother lol. I hear from her friend that owns a deli that she gets ripped off badly and needs to go to a home. The deli women respects me and has my business cards. They say that we hear so much from you and you do good work. I would rather have 30 close word of mouth customers versus 80 customers that were found on craigslist or in the news paper. It takes time but it pays off in many ways down the road.

If I have time after snow plowing her driveway I sometimes sit down and listen to her talk. She offered me $10 to install a light bulb and I told her to keep the money. I know some guys don't have a heart or are out for every penny. You have to think what if that was your mother or grandmother...... Whats funny was on my other post someone said I was Greedy, lol.

labrador2
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I've had them butter me up.Then turn around and stab me n the back.It is a very cut throat business.Just because ur good,doesn't mean u wont be replaced.It happens.:dizzy: