PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to buy?

jhinton81
06-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I am in my first year of owning a mowing business. I am starting out small but I am slowly getting larger. With that said, I am in the market for a new or newer commercial ztr. When is the best time to get the best deal on a new mower? Which manufacturers run the best deals and when? I am new to purchasing a mower so I don't want to get blindsided with crazy interest rates. Thanks guys.

tuffram
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Mid to late September is when I bought my ztr I had been looking since July and saved $1000 by waiting until September. I bought that last 2010 in my model they had. Kubota has about the best on the lot financing programs around when I bought in September they had 0% for 48 months but they have 0% interest for 36 to 60 months right now.

944own
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
dead middle of winter when no one is buying mowers. Good luck

gebby
06-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Fall. They don't want to sit on the inventory through the winter. In fall most people just want to be done and, the dealers know it. I could have got 2,000 of a new Gravely Z last fall. I didn't need but, I was a thinking. If you got cash that will also work in your favor. If not get the free financing package. Many deals out there. Find a good dealer, become a good customer, good friend. Someday walk in about their lunch time with a couple of pizza's and pop just to say Thanks for your help. You will be hard to say no to. Be reasonable and relistic when making a offer.

JB1
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
whenever the dealers floor plan is coming due.

topsites
06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
AFTER... You've saved up all your money.
These folks they keep thinking they can put the cart before the horse but the thing is you need money first.
It don't do no good asking about deals until you've got the cash, if you ain't got a $20 to your name this is
as good as asking about a deal on a Lamborghini, either way you can't afford it.

And you really can't afford to take out a loan, should your business fail you'll next ruin your credit to boot
but the worst of it is the half of them won't even give you the credit, now you can get your parents to
co-sign so you can ruin their credit too, folks I am telling you, before you dream on, start saving.
Since it takes like 10 thousand dollars...

If you start saving now and work long and hard at it, maybe you can get one about your 5th year but
I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't materialize until 8 or 10 years from now.

... Reality sets in.

RLS24
06-08-2011, 06:45 PM
doesnt really matter. I bought my Stander during peak season this year and I still saved almost $1100 off the sticker price, just happened to be that they wanted to deal on that machine and I wanted to buy it. It was a brand new one, not a left over, may I add. If you're serious about buying a mower, they'll deal no matter when it is. When it comes down to it, they will play their best card, they're not gonna give they bottom line "take it home today" price out when you're just shopping and demoing. Its just like buying a car, after you test drove it, kicked the tires, and shopped around, when you're ready to buy THAT car you sit down and go to war over the price and the deals.

Southern Elegance
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
10:15a.m. .

Penncare
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I agree with the other posts, the real best time to buy is when you can go in with cash in hand, have done your research and know what equipment will serve your business best.

Brett's Lawn Care
06-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Buy at the end of season from a lowballer that can't afford payments
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
06-16-2011, 09:42 AM
When you have the money, you can't negotiate without.

I agree with the other posts, the real best time to buy is when you can go in with cash in hand, have done your research and know what equipment will serve your business best.

Yeah, exactly, they're not going to give it to you for free, matter of fact you might find
they'll hardly give you a discount but if you think that's bad you should try it with no money.

Cash in hand gets the best deals, that's assuming they're even willing to deal.