PDA

View Full Version : Power stroke

Ax Man
10-15-2002, 09:41 AM
My old Dump went in for a valve job (after 183,000 mi.)
and the dealer loaned me a 2000 stakebed with the powerstroke engine.
Wow!
Love that turbo whine!
I guess I can start saving for a new toy now.

wriken
10-15-2002, 10:52 AM
You won't regret buying a P/S, I have a 2002 P/S and I love the power.

chariot
10-15-2002, 04:35 PM
I sold my 99 model Power stroke and got a 93 model dodge,Cummins power. I could not be happier.

Gravely_Man
10-15-2002, 05:08 PM
New toys are the best. I have heard nothing but good things about the P\S. I hope Santa is good to me this year but I don't think it will happen.

Gravely_Man

Dennis E.
10-15-2002, 05:13 PM
F-350 CC longbed with some aftermarket goodies. A blast to drive and good mpg's to boot.
Cannot wait for the new 6.0 to come out.:blob2:

rkbrown
10-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Dennis !!!

Is Green Giant gonna get a brother ??? :D

Dennis E.
10-15-2002, 06:20 PM
I'd love to! My better half would object I'm sure. She won't drive the GG. She's scared to death of it for some reason.(IMO she thinks the SP is way too loud):rolleyes:

We'll see though. I'm antsy waiting for delivery of the new 6.0 to our local dealer here.

My next hurdle with the GG is to convince her that the SCMT is much better than the PPIII. Got any ideas?;)
(Oh yeah,tri-pillar guages and a bigger downpipe too)

John DiMartino
10-15-2002, 11:10 PM
The 6.0 PSD is supposed to be a beast,pickuptruck.com 's review is impressive to say the least.any diesel with turbo whine is a beautiful thing.

rkbrown
10-16-2002, 10:41 AM
Dennis:

It's all in the name of business efficiency !! :D

The SCMT and the bigger downpipe will provide better mileage, tow the trailer better, keeping the EGT's cooler..."We don't want to have to spend $2000 on a new turbo now, do we ??? (Until I get the hypermax with the Maddog injectors).

The guages are there to protect the investment. "We want to know if a problem is developing before it actually happens"

Disclaimer: I have only rehersed these in front of the mirror...I haven't actually used them on my wife yet. :D

Brickman
10-16-2002, 10:44 AM
FORD RULES.

I straight piped mine so I could hear it better. Drivers of small cars that have their window down when I roll by hate me. :D No doubt about it, it is loud. And bad to the bone.

Brickman
10-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Gravely_Man
New toys are the best. I have heard nothing but good things about the P\S. I hope Santa is good to me this year but I don't think it will happen.

Gravely_Man

Be nice to Momma the rest of the year, you never know what she might decide to let you do. :laugh:

Dennis E.
10-16-2002, 08:41 PM
That is spooky. How did you know I had the Hypermax set-up in mind!
Figure that'll be a nice addition when I get close to the end of the engine warranty.
BTW..Nice touch on the case to get the pillar guages and SCMT,I'll have to practice.:D ;)

Paul...Ain't that SP a sweet sound! I love it. The rice-burners hate it,but too bad. Boo hoo.:p
(Helps drown out the boom-boom noise from the rice burners also):D

Ax Man
10-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Gee I didn't think of Santa!
Do you think he could fit it in his bag?
Maybe he could break it in and carry the riendeer to my house for the first stop, then Rudolph will be that much fresher for the rest of the night...

Swampbeast
10-22-2002, 03:16 PM
I got a 95 F-350 with the PowerStroke 7.3 liter, I LOVE that thing! It has 241,000 miles on it so far, most of those with a trailer, and I have never had to do a thing to Big Bertha except have the tranny rebuilt. I get about 21 mpg on the highway, about 13-15 in the towns. And I take care of it religously. Every 3000 miles, without fail, I am at the Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed! I have the gut feeling Big Bertha will still be chugging long after I give up the ghost. :angel: