PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYBODY make an OCDC for Gravely 48" walk behind?

lithnights
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Does anybody make an OCDC for Gravely 48" walk behind?

I have searched high and low for an OCDC (chute blocker) for my Gravely 1548 48" walk behind. I've searched dozens of threads, hundreds of posts, googled like crazy, called Powerchute, Advanced Chute, EZChute etc. and there simply doesn't seem to be an available OCDC for my mower.

I would think a Gravely 48" WB would be a fairly common machine and thus there would be a OCDC to fit it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

gasracer
06-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I would have though that would have been easy to find. Have you checked with Gravely? I just got one for my new 36" Pro walk straight from Gravely.

lithnights
06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I would have though that would have been easy to find. Have you checked with Gravely? I just got one for my new 36" Pro walk straight from Gravely.

I have called Gravely in the past and didn't have any luck. I have also called my local dealer and they said there was not one available. Then again, this was the same dealer that said that I couldn't put gator type blades on my mower.. so I sadly don't have much faith there.

I plan to call Gravely again, and hopefully talk to someone else, but before doing so, wanted to see if others have had luck. Based on your reply, it seems you have (at least with the 36") so that gives me hope.

Just curious, what did the OCDC cost for your 36? Do you like it?

Thanks!

gasracer
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM
I have called Gravely in the past and didn't have any luck. I have also called my local dealer and they said there was not one available. Then again, this was the same dealer that said that I couldn't put gator type blades on my mower.. so I sadly don't have much faith there.

I plan to call Gravely again, and hopefully talk to someone else, but before doing so, wanted to see if others have had luck. Based on your reply, it seems you have (at least with the 36") so that gives me hope.

Just curious, what did the OCDC cost for your 36? Do you like it?

Thanks!
I think it was $256.It doesn't do well for mulching(not tried running gator blades on it yet.) It is made to help going around flower beds and such. It is cable operated. There is a picture of it in one of the Gravely threads.

lithnights
06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I think it was $256.It doesn't do well for mulching(not tried running gator blades on it yet.) It is made to help going around flower beds and such. It is cable operated. There is a picture of it in one of the Gravely threads.

I called Gravely again yesterday. After 15 minutes on the phone with the sales guy trying to find something, and after I said that I knew someone with a 36" OCDC, he said there was nothing in the system for a 48". He did say they had a mulching kit but that is not what I want.

I also contacted JungleJim's (someone else's suggestion) and they didn't have one.

I still can't believe there seems to be some kind of OCDC (Ezchute, AdvancedChute, Powerchute etc.) for pretty much every kind of machine but there isn't something out there for a Gravely 48.

Anyone else with ideas?? :confused:

Gasracer, do you know what Gravely thread has the picture you reference? I searched around but didn't find anything.

Thanks

ALC-GregH
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I'd imagine Norm can make adjustments to fit a 48in deck. Give him a call.

http://powerchutedesign.com/catalog/c27_p1.html

lithnights
06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I'd imagine Norm can make adjustments to fit a 48in deck. Give him a call.

http://powerchutedesign.com/catalog/c27_p1.html

I emailed him last year and he said "sorry, no". But I imagine I could give him a call and try again!

gasracer
06-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Here is the link to the thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=345500&page=6

My dealer is calling to check on it but he thinks the 1548 is the older style and the one like mine maynot work.

lithnights
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Here is the link to the thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=345500&page=6

My dealer is calling to check on it but he thinks the 1548 is the older style and the one like mine maynot work.

Not sure if it will help but I bought it in May 2007.

From my records.. Gravely PRO 1548G (Kawasaki 15HP engine FH430V) Model 988102 - GR1548FX

Thanks!

Power Chute Design
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I go by deck design. The only one I make for Gravely is for the newer X-Factor deck. BUT, send me a picture of the discharge opening (without the OEM deflector in place) so I can see the top of the deck. I have folks sends me pics to see if I have one of my other deck plates that would fit and work out for you. That's how I came up with a Power Chute for the Exmark Quest deck now and Scag V-Ride.

Just send a pic to norm@powerchutedesign.com and let's see what we can figure out.

Greg78
06-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I use one of these and it's great. Universal I believe.

http://www.trimmertrap.com/site/accessories/bb-1-wb-blade-blocker.html

No wires or motors to mess with. Installation is pretty simple if you have any mechanical ability.

Gravely Commercial
06-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Sorry for your trouble in tracking one down. Our 78806100-OCDB Kit fits 36”, 48” & 52” Pro decks. If you give your dealer that part number they should be able to put an order in for you.

ALC-GregH
06-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry for your trouble in tracking one down. Our 78806100-OCDB Kit fits 36”, 48” & 52” Pro decks. If you give your dealer that part number they should be able to put an order in for you.

or YOU call HIS dealer and find out why they claim YOUR company doesn't sell them and why they are not promoting your product in a means that is profitable to you! It's a shame really that you have to come on here and give a customer a part number when the dealer should already have it for him. At least he'll have a OCDC for his mower.

lithnights
06-11-2011, 07:14 PM
or YOU call HIS dealer and find out why they claim YOUR company doesn't sell them and why they are not promoting your product in a means that is profitable to you! It's a shame really that you have to come on here and give a customer a part number when the dealer should already have it for him. At least he'll have a OCDC for his mower.

What's worse is that when I called Gravely directly (not a dealer), the sales rep there claimed they didn't make one for a 48. I think that's more concerning than a dealer not knowing. :laugh:

Anyway, I think I'm on the right path now. I called the dealer, gave them the part number, and they sent me some info and pricing on it. Thanks Gravely Commercial. Now I just have to decide if I can afford it, or if Norm can also assist. Norm, I'm sending some pics your way.

Thanks,

lithnights
06-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Norm and I tried but had no luck. The measurements I sent wouldn't work. Darn Gravely deck! :rolleyes:

Greg78, I am looking into the Trimmertrap you suggested. But it doesn't seem to open fully vertical, which is something I really wanted. Any issues with that?

I did find the Gravely OCDC as well.

But now I need to figure out if I want an OCDC or a grass catcher.

I started a thread on that (OCDC vs. catcher) here if you want to chime in with opinions.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=353894

Thanks all for your input.

Greg78
06-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Norm and I tried but had no luck. The measurements I sent wouldn't work. Darn Gravely deck! :rolleyes:

Greg78, I am looking into the Trimmertrap you suggested. But it doesn't seem to open fully vertical, which is something I really wanted. Any issues with that?

Here are a couple photos, full open and closed. You can stop it anywhere in between as well.

lithnights
06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Here are a couple photos, full open and closed. You can stop it anywhere in between as well.

Awesome. That helps a lot. The website pics I saw only shows the baffle going horizontal, not all the way 180 degrees up. Nice!

Do you remember (ballpark) of what it cost?

Greg78
06-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Awesome. That helps a lot. The website pics I saw only shows the baffle going horizontal, not all the way 180 degrees up. Nice!

Do you remember (ballpark) of what it cost?

$195.61 with free shipping. Got it off eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BB-1-WB-Blade-Blocker-walk-behind-mower-trimmer-/400093223161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d276a18f9#ht_655wt_698

watsmi57
06-12-2011, 10:46 PM
i was about to say i just bought a hydro 36 WB and got the mulch kit and the ocdc. i know they make them for the 48" too. I see Gravely Commercial beat me to it.