PDA

View Full Version : Bracket for holding doubles in allignment for Toro Z???

Green Pastures
10-15-2002, 12:01 PM
I was just thinking about going to doubles on my Z and maybe even my w/b's. All are Toro.

Is there anybody out there making some kind of bracket to hold the two stacked blades in 90 degree allignment. I ask cuz I'm aware that most brands have a different size diameter spindle shaft and blade bolt. I need to fit Toro.

Help please.

Scott

Blessed 1
10-15-2002, 01:05 PM
You may want to read this thread before continuing:

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35088

Gravely_Man
10-15-2002, 02:31 PM
I am a very firm believer in the use of doubles. As mentioned previously just read the other thread and be careful. Set this up correctly. You don't need to risk hurting yourself or others.

Gravely_Man

Fvstringpicker
10-15-2002, 02:36 PM
I have a 44 w/mulching kit and single blades. On my yards, I cut, raise it up a notch and run over it again. Does a super job.

HarryD
10-15-2002, 03:12 PM
fvstrinpicker

we dont want to double mow at least i dont . wish i got paid for mowing all my lawns twice and sometimes 3 times in the spring

Blessed 1
10-15-2002, 03:16 PM
The doubles were horrible on my Z Master. The left a patch in the center on turns. Nothing works better on mine than a single set of sharp mulchers.

odin
10-15-2002, 06:19 PM
we put the toro atomics on ours and they work fairly well.The atomics reduce the clippings some what although the clippings still come out to long.

Green Pastures
10-15-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks to all who posted, after talking to my dealer (whom I trust implicitly) and reading your posts and the one Blessed 1 referred me to, I'm not going to try doubles.

I was not having any problems or complaints, I just (like others here) wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Scott