PDA

View Full Version : Dear fert. man.....

nobagger
06-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Dear Fertilizer man,

Can you please stop treating the already 2 foot tall grass that can not be even walked on let alone mowed yet.

Hell on Blades
06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
No, I cannot. The boss says is I want my $ 8.50 an hour I have to spray this stuff on this lawn. I am not allowed to look at condition, moisture or length of grass.

Sorry
Fert Man

nobagger
06-07-2011, 09:11 PM
No, I cannot. The boss says is I want my $ 8.50 an hour I have to spray this stuff on this lawn. I am not allowed to look at condition, moisture or length of grass.

Sorry
Fert Man

LMAO! This was of course a "national" fert. company.

grassman177
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
i can understand that wish, but they gotta make their money, they have no concern for you.

that is why you do it yourself so you have control of those things.

look into it,

nobagger
06-07-2011, 09:20 PM
i can understand that wish, but they gotta make their money, they have no concern for you.

that is why you do it yourself so you have control of those things.

look into it,

We have about 80% of our customer's with a local company who is like night and day but there are still a few who liked the $23.00 per app price (about 7-8k sqft.)

dfor
06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Dear Fertilizer man,

Can you please stop treating the already 2 foot tall grass that can not be even walked on let alone mowed yet.

I totally agree. Heck, even if you do show up, go a little lighter on the material being spread. And the dam* homeowners are no better. Why would they want a lawn that needs to be cut every three days??? They need to tell the big company's to hold off on the applications for a while. :dizzy:

ProStreetCamaro
06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Dear Fertilizer man,

You guys still getting hammered with rain? Just south here in MD we went from non stop rain to the lawns are now burning up in 1 1/2 weeks time. 97 tomorrow and 98 to 99 thursday and they will be toast. Might get some rain friday and a little this weekend. I am absolutely shocked our lawns have gone down hill this fast. It was so wet for so long and with the sudden heat and dry most lawns here are diseased pretty bad.

gibbonsballer10
06-07-2011, 10:34 PM
You guys still getting hammered with rain? Just south here in MD we went from non stop rain to the lawns are now burning up in 1 1/2 weeks time. 97 tomorrow and 98 to 99 thursday and they will be toast. Might get some rain friday and a little this weekend. I am absolutely shocked our lawns have gone down hill this fast. It was so wet for so long and with the sudden heat and dry most lawns here are diseased pretty bad.

I hear you, I live in catonsville, I was nonstop busy, not I haven't cut anything in 3 days. Lawns that needed cut every 7 days haven't even grown any in 7 days. I wish it would rain already.

flatlander42
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Dear Fertilizer man,

My thoughts exactly!!!!....only I've been able to mow. The one week growth is out of control!!

Also.....I consider fert and squirt guys in the same category as used car salesmen. They will sell you the shoes you walk in on.

lawnboy dan
06-08-2011, 07:02 AM
i wish i had this problem-the fert co,s skimp so much that my lawns are all starving . all a bunch of crooks

LHS Lawns
06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I hear you, I live in catonsville, I was nonstop busy, not I haven't cut anything in 3 days. Lawns that needed cut every 7 days haven't even grown any in 7 days. I wish it would rain already.

I feel your pain fellow MD'er. I'm here on the Eastern Shore and the dry weather is starting to make a showing. Praying for good rain this wkend. We got .02 last Sat. nite and .005 Sunday nite. It helped and I'm thankful but we need more. Looks like I'll get thru this weeks cuts but without rain next week could be different.

About the fert apps I do all my own except two and wouldn't you know one wants it cut 2.5". Beautiful grass, 3.0 would be perfect. It's a task getting rid of the grass but I get it done and it looks great.

The other one is a good story. I've always done the fert and told them MD Law says I need to do a soil test, told them what I charge, they said no didn't want to spend the money. I said they might not need to fert answer still no. OK. They decide to fert themselves. Its a bi week cut and it really is all thats needed. Long story short they had to pay for an every week cut the whole month of May, it was growing out of control and they knew it. The little bit of money they would have spent on a soil test could have saved them some bucks.
Same client told me a couple of years ago while I was doing a Spring fert that the weed control I was doing was not working. I said I didn't do anything just straight fert. They insisted what I was doing wasn't working. I again told them I haven't treated it. They couldn't get it thru their head. I spray later when all the weeds are present, it was too early. They said they would get a professional to do it. Sure go ahead, they never did anything. It makes you appreciate all the customers that let you do what you know how to do.

Capemay Eagle
06-08-2011, 01:05 PM
You guys still getting hammered with rain? Just south here in MD we went from non stop rain to the lawns are now burning up in 1 1/2 weeks time. 97 tomorrow and 98 to 99 thursday and they will be toast. Might get some rain friday and a little this weekend. I am absolutely shocked our lawns have gone down hill this fast. It was so wet for so long and with the sudden heat and dry most lawns here are diseased pretty bad. The rain must be North and South of NJ, because I cannot remember the last time it rained here! Two years ago, it rained every day in June!

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
06-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Same thing is happening here in Northern VA. Although tonight there is a chance for thunderstorms :clapping: