PDA

View Full Version : Scag Wildcat SS

stolonscreep
06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Obviously I do not post much if at all but I am excited about my purchase that I am picking up tomorrow. I have been demoing a Wildcat and a Vride both have velocity decks the Wildcat being a 52" while the Vride is a 48". The Wildcat has a 26 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki and the Vride had a 26hp aircooled Kawasaki. After having both for a week I decided to go with the Wildcat because it allowed me to mow at a higher speed with a more even cut. This may be due to the fact that it is a bit heavier up front and did not bounce quite as much. Don't get me wrong the Vride was a great machine but I do have a couple large properties that are fairly flat where I can go wide open. The advantage of the Vride is its manuvereability in tight spaces and the ease of getting off the mower to pick up trash or remove obstacles in my way plus it is about $1000 less expensive. Overall though in the long run I felt that the liquid cooled engine would last longer(if properly maintained), it had a better quality cut at higher speeds and sometimes it is nice just to sit. Plus the local Scag dealer is an absolute pleasure to work with. I am small time(me plus one fulltime and a part time helper) and the dealer spends time with me like I am his biggest customer. Anyway sorry for the novel I am just excited to pick this thing up tomorrow and although I absolutely love my wife to death and want to share my joy with her but she just doesn't understand like y'all do that read this forum.:cool2:

THG
06-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Great mower, you cannot go wrong with Scag. What is Holly Springs near?

stolonscreep
06-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Holly Springs is just south of Raleigh. I love Scag mowers, I have a ProV 36" as well. After using pistol grip walk behinds I will gladly pay the extra to have my hands not hurt at the end of the day.

THG
06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Do you know where Lizard Lick NC is? Like the Lizard Lick Towing on television?

stolonscreep
06-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Lizard Lick is east of where I am. I have a friend that grew up with some of those guys on that show.