PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Range Wing - HELP I'm Strumped!

iowatreefarmer
06-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I just purchased a 1998 Hustler Range Wing 12' mower with 2 wing decks. The inside two hydraulic pumps on the wings are turning the blades backwards. Everything looks to be hooked up correctly. When the decks are up I can spin every blade easily in the cutting direction except for the two inside blades, they turn easily backwards. I'm stumped! When I called our local dealer they said to change the lines on the pumps. I was told it mowed fine when last used and it all appears to be factory plumbing, not altered. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

mowerconsultant
06-08-2011, 12:18 AM
The wing decks have 2 blade rotations, one ccw one cw.
They both don't turn the same way when cutting.
If you have blades on that don't reflect this then someone has the wrong rotation blades on those spindles.

Pj

jplawnmaint
06-08-2011, 06:05 AM
We have a Jacobson HOUR 5111 11' cut. The blades are the same way. You should have 2 different blades on the wings. They are designed like that so the grass gets thrown out the back of the deck and not to the side of the deck. Let me know how it cuts. I almost bought the same mower a couple weeks ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

iowatreefarmer
06-08-2011, 08:24 AM
THANKS Guys! I'll call and order new blades this morning and let you know how things go. This is a great site!

bobo2
06-08-2011, 02:05 PM
you have the same setup on the front deck 2cw&1ccw