PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on mid season referrals

grassmasterswilson
06-08-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm considering another round of direct mail. We are about mid way through our mowing season. With re seeding in Sept/Oct. We already have a lot of burned up lawns because of no rain and what seems like 90+ everyday for the last month.

Would love to pick up some regular mowing accounts and maybe some weed control customers. Just have a feeling a mid season mailer may lead to lots of calls for onetime vacation cuts or 20 minute prune jobs.

GreenEnvyLawnCare
06-13-2011, 12:43 PM
i always say advertise. I pass out flyers all year long. A little job is better then no job.

Schuley
06-13-2011, 01:25 PM
i always say advertise. I pass out flyers all year long. A little job is better then no job.

Little jobs lead to big jobs
Posted via Mobile Device

tlc1994
06-13-2011, 01:43 PM
There are several reason that NOW is one of the best times to really push for advertising:

1) All the cheap guys have or will soon decide it's not worth the work for so little money.
2) New homeowners (or any, for that matter) don't want to deal with work in the heat.

If you have customers with nearby neighbors, the easiest way to get more clients is just by mentioning to your current ones that you are looking for more work. If they like you, they may go out of their way to recommend you, especially if their neighbors are dealing with the above dilemmas.