PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Kwikkerb

tim cooper
10-15-2002, 04:21 PM
Found their website here at lawnsite. Anyone have any experience dealing with them. www.kwikerb.com.

IBGreen
10-16-2002, 12:07 AM
I know that I don't speak for everyone but for as much as I have delt with the kwikkerb system it seams kinda cheap and not too asthetically pleasing. But for some applications I do beleive it would be a good product, like for driveway edging but it just doesn't look very good outlining beds like I have seen some people do in the past.

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

Sean Adams
10-17-2002, 06:24 PM
There are several companies like this - that I can't think of off the top of my head. If you go to www.everythinggreen.com and search for "edging" or "curbing" you will find several. Kwik Kerb, Curb King, Borderline Stamp, Border Magic, etc... quite a few.

kg6395
11-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Tim, what kind of info are you looking for in Kwikkerb? I have been dealing with them for a short while and maybe I can help.

tim cooper
11-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Interested in startup business, along with lawn maintenance. Just got info in mail from them. Also got information on other companies in business. High priced me thinks:( . Anyway are you subbing out work to someone that uses their equipment? If so how popular has it been for you and customer responses to the makeover?:blush:

MPhillips
11-06-2002, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry to be like this but I think this kwik curb stuff is ugly, ugly ugly...it was a novelty for awhile. It reminds me of the folks that edge their yards with old tires sunk in the ground. or cinder blocks standing on edge...man I'm sorry to be like this but don't do it...haha

IBGreen
11-09-2002, 01:23 PM
I'm with you phillips:D

Lombardi
08-03-2003, 02:32 PM
I wanted to bring this subject back up to solicit some more input. I have attached some pics. of a project that I used Kwik Kerb in recently. A friend of mine bought a Kwik Kerb franchise about 2 years ago. He paid $40k for the complete set up. So far, he has been disappointed with his ROI. These pictures show the 1st install I subbed out to him. I have tried numerous times to sell the idea to customers, but have not been successful. I think it looks great in certain settings, but it has been a very tough sell here in the Midwest so far. Thanks for any input.

Lombardi
08-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Another,

Lombardi
08-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Last,

GLAN
08-03-2003, 03:12 PM
It is an alternative way of bordering the lawn. The pictures above are nice and a practical use.

Where I am the true 4 seasons would break up the edging probably in 1 year.

I like the concept and think it practical, though costly. In the climatic setting where it would last, it should be doable.

Trim Creations
09-13-2003, 06:50 PM
I own a machine, And I found that there is more profit in it then laying stone. And a lot less labor. I own only the machine and the threncher, and hand tools. They bring me concrete in the truck. Me and one other can put down 100ft in in 1hour from start to finish. But its sometimes hard to sell. I averge 200ft a week some better some worse.

jason r.
09-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Trim Creations
Does the cement truck have to stay on the job the whole time your there? Just curious as to how the process goes. It doesn't seem like the concrete guy would want to stay and wait for you to lay 100 or 200 ft. of edging.

Trim Creations
09-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Jason r. yes they do stay around Iam given one hour to get it down then they start charging so genraly I only pour 1 yrd on a truck the drivers sometimes help others dont mind they say they get paid the hour.

jason r.
09-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I gotcha. Never dealt with concrete pouring before so I wasn't sure. I have a brochure on the Lil Bubba curb machines from Concrete Edge. It looks pretty interesting and some of their packages come with a custom 16' trailer. It seems like a good biz to go along with a lawn care and/or landscaping biz. A little to expensive for me right now but definitely is a possibility for the future. Good luck with it and please post some pics if you can.

Trim Creations
09-14-2003, 10:32 PM
jason r. Iam not sure how to send pic's yet

mower_babe
09-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Lombardi, how long has that edging been in?

Lombardi
09-22-2003, 03:03 PM
It was installed in mid-July of this year.

mower_babe
09-22-2003, 05:36 PM
it looks nice, the reason I asked is I see this at the shows around here and never get a straight answer on how they last through the midwest winters. it does look nice in that application.