PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to take off the seat kill switch sensor on a zero?

Ijustwantausername
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
First of all, I don't need a lecture, I know its dangerous, but my mower keeps snorting at me when I bounce up and down and come up off the seat. I mow A LOT of rough areas and I'm tired of my mower nearly cutting off then gaining its power back when my butt lands back on the seat. I have got to take this thing off some how. It cant be good for the mower.

flatlander42
06-08-2011, 06:26 PM
unplug it, and bend a chunk of wire into a U shape. Push it into the female part of the plug. Try it out and make srue your ok. Then tape the piss out of it. Your set!

When you go to sell the mower, undo what you just did.

If you chop your foot up, don't blame me!

jsslawncare
06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Eat more McDonald's. If it's got two wires going to the switch unplug it and run a jumper wire to the two terminals. I did the same thing.

jsslawncare
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
unplug it, and bend a chunk of wire into a U shape. Push it into the female part of the plug. Try it out and make srue your ok. Then tape the piss out of it. Your set!

When you go to sell the mower, undo what you just did.

If you chop your foot up, don't blame me!

He's going to chop his foot off.

Patriot Services
06-08-2011, 06:31 PM
You know ZTR's have a minimum height and weight requirement just like a carnival ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ijustwantausername
06-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Haha, no I'm not going to chop my foot off. Been on that mower for 4 years now, pretty much have it down pat. Either the wires are going bad or I'm losing weight, I do a good bit of running when it gets really hot. I would hope 5' 10" 163lbs would be sufficient enough.

dgw
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
rip the wires out and twist them together

Patriot Services
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
rip the wires out and twist them together

You work at a dealership don't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Penncare
06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
You may be cutting too fast, need a good suspension seat and forks or maybe both. Just me but I would try that first and it will probably make the overall ride even on smoother areas better. Can you post pics of the area showing the cut. Just wondering if the grass looks flat and even or choppy.

topsites
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I also think you need to slow it down before some engine nearly cutting off becomes
the least of your worries, if that mower is making you bounce out of your seat hard
enough to trigger the safety switch, that usually means you're mowing too fast and
to put things in perspective you're probably not just going a little bit too fast.
So, like you probably need to slow it down a lot.

dgw
06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
You work at a dealership don't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

no , but this happened to me at a large property where i couldnt afford to lose the mower and this solution worked

jsslawncare
06-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Haha, no I'm not going to chop my foot off. Been on that mower for 4 years now, pretty much have it down pat. Either the wires are going bad or I'm losing weight, I do a good bit of running when it gets really hot. I would hope 5' 10" 163lbs would be sufficient enough.

:walking:Peg Leg lawncare LLC. I'm sorry. I had a good laugh when I thought of it.

rwaters
06-08-2011, 09:44 PM
First of all, I don't need a lecture, I know its dangerous, but my mower keeps snorting at me when I bounce up and down and come up off the seat. I mow A LOT of rough areas and I'm tired of my mower nearly cutting off then gaining its power back when my butt lands back on the seat. I have got to take this thing off some how. It cant be good for the mower.

What kind of mower is it, some mowers have some modification you can do to make the seat a little less sensitive allowing you to keep the safety and stop it from shutting off.

Ijustwantausername
06-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I also think you need to slow it down before some engine nearly cutting off becomes
the least of your worries, if that mower is making you bounce out of your seat hard
enough to trigger the safety switch, that usually means you're mowing too fast and
to put things in perspective you're probably not just going a little bit too fast.
So, like you probably need to slow it down a lot.

I know I am mowing too fast in some areas, most areas I am not, and the ones that throw me off are the ones I am talking about. That's just the way I roll, they shouldn't have manufactured it to go 9mph :dancing: I have too much work to mow slow lately. Still has a great quality cut too.
I asked how to fix the switch, no how fast I should mow, no offense.

Imagine a 45-50 degree slope with sporadic, deep potholes, and runoff trenches so bad it brings the front wheels off the ground. That is what I am mowing.

Sucks but it sure does pay. My poor mower catches it.

Ijustwantausername
06-08-2011, 11:28 PM
What kind of mower is it, some mowers have some modification you can do to make the seat a little less sensitive allowing you to keep the safety and stop it from shutting off.

John Deere 737 54" Z-trak

dboyd351
06-08-2011, 11:32 PM

Exactly! He's a grown man (I assume) - let him do what he wants.

topsites
06-08-2011, 11:35 PM
See, the problem I have is I don't want the responsibility for showing you how to do something that could well result in your
becoming a statistic, folks shouldn't buy these mowers with less than 8 years full-time experience and now we see the reason why,
you might as well be asking me how to break someone out of jail, whether I know how to do it or not becomes irrelevant
because I'm not telling either way for the simple reason that I don't want to be responsible for what comes of it.

A Ztr won't give you another chance, it can and will kill you.
Instantly.

Precedence
06-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I know I am mowing too fast in some areas, most areas I am not, and the ones that throw me off are the ones I am talking about. That's just the way I roll, they shouldn't have manufactured it to go 9mph :dancing: I have too much work to mow slow lately. Still has a great quality cut too.

Imagine a 45-50 degree slope with sporadic, deep potholes, and runoff trenches so bad it brings the front wheels off the ground. That is what I am mowing.

Ok, so your mowing a 45-50 degree slope (i.e. way steeper than what is safe be mowing with it), that's really rough, at full speed. So that's not dangerous enough so now you want to disable the safety so when you get bounced off the mower or it rolls over it will still keep running.

Well do whatever you want, I'll be looking forward to reading about you on Darwin Awards.

Oh BTW while your at it you should adjust or remove the governor on your mower so you can go faster than 9mph.

weeze
06-09-2011, 12:16 AM
163lbs?...i haven't weighed that much since my senior year of high school lol

HartselleLawnEnforcement
06-09-2011, 12:29 AM
If you want to know how to bypass it, ask my dog. She tore the seat on my z-trak all to pieces... only good thing was she got rid of that darn kill switch. Still haven't gotten the seat re-upholstered. haha.

Ijustwantausername
06-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Ok, so your mowing a 45-50 degree slope (i.e. way steeper than what is safe be mowing with it), that's really rough, at full speed. So that's not dangerous enough so now you want to disable the safety so when you get bounced off the mower or it rolls over it will still keep running.

Well do whatever you want, I'll be looking forward to reading about you on Darwin Awards.

Oh BTW while your at it you should adjust or remove the governor on your mower so you can go faster than 9mph.

Hahaha, if you think I mow that slope at 9mph you're crazy. More like .1 mph, I was trying to paint a mental picture of the stuff I mow for you all. And yes its dangerous but it pays. No Darwin Award for me.

ALC-GregH
06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Ain't no ztr going up OR down a 45-50 degree slope.

rwaters
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM

ok cant help you with that one, sounds like your about to get hurt though.