PDA

View Full Version : Quick - if some problems come up

I_am_a_beginner
06-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I live in eastern Canada, I was looking at Quick stuff and I was wondering if I buy a Quick mower, is there any way to get the mower repair easily? I mean are the mower parts "universal" or not. I don't want to buy something and If something come up, you have trouble repairing it. I heard good stuff about Quick and the price is very interesting for our current company expansion budget. I would be interested of purchasing one but I am not sure yet since there is no real dealer support like any other brands out there. We are currently Ferris user and we are happy with the stuff we use but Quick might be a good alternative for our needs.

topsites
06-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I would stick with Ferris, for the reason that don't fix what isn't broke.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Don't buy. I eventually got burned because of the long distance relationship. I had pulleys and spindles failing - and they are NOT something you can just go buy.

The relationship will start out well enough, but when the mower needs assistance, you're hosed.

siclmn
06-09-2011, 01:50 AM
You can't run into town and buy parts for your Quick. That sucks. And if you take it to your mechanic he will say "what is that?"

ALC-GregH
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
3rd year with my BOP dually and I haven't replaced ANYthing.

lawnkingforever
06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I would stick with Ferris, for the reason that don't fix what isn't broke.

I agree, stick with Ferris.

Exact Rototilling
06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
A dealer supported product will always have an advantage. Last year I burned up several forward reverse cables for my lawn solutions WB aerator. Needless to.say I got.good at swapping them out. My experience with dealer service departments has been having to.adjust what they did..After assuming it was fully corrected. :rolleyes:

Driving down to dealer for a part.in.stock.has.its advantages.

I have over 500 hours on my quick 36 single.

Over the years I've replaced the following:

Numerous deck belts

Throttle cable

Two reverse levers....I now keep spares

Reverse or forward cable

Flat tires

BOP now has a common wear and tear parts kits for that mower.

Belts are easily found at auto parts stores.

Last year the older Q36 was my only mower bigger than a 21"....and yes it was stressful when a part broke and I had to wait for.it. So....I called Gary and had.him set me up with an assortment of most commonly replaced parts.

I bought a Q32 dually and 44 last December. No regrets here....it is possible that I might sell the 32 I'm favor of a 36 dually....time will tell....?

Regardless of which deck size you get you must get the single.notch ultra high lift blades to bag heavy growth in cool season grasses. Deck build up becomes manageable.
Posted via Mobile Device