PDA

View Full Version : Corner plants?

wattsup
10-15-2002, 05:47 PM
I have a customer that wants to use something shaped like a Foster Holly, but with less maintenance and slower growth if possible. Does anyone have any ideas? These will go on the corners of the house. The house looks just like a doublewide. Thanks in advance.

Lanelle
10-15-2002, 06:57 PM
If you mean smaller by the phrase 'less maintenance', consider using a Dragon Lady Holly. It stays very narrow as it grows upward.

mdb landscaping
10-15-2002, 08:45 PM
im not sure what type of growth you want, but if its to hide the corners, maybe some arborvitaes? my college has a good website to help you determine a good plant for your situation. scroll down on the left to plant selector.

http://www.hort.uconn.edu/Plants/index.html

baddboygeorge
10-16-2002, 12:45 AM
i like blue spruces on the corners the look great an provide excellent color slow growers as well . many different types i prefer the fat alberts because they round the corner off nicely.

lawnstudent
10-17-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by baddboygeorge
i like blue spruces on the corners the look great an provide excellent color slow growers as well . many different types i prefer the fat alberts because they round the corner off nicely.

Be careful with the use of spruce trees off the corner of the house. Spruces get really big and become a problem blocking the front windows of a home. I see this all the time here in Illinois. Good luck.

jim