PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Fishallot
06-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey guys...just wanted to introduce myself. I'm what you guys call an old time lawn jockey here in VA. Beach, VA.

Started out as an irrigation contractor in the mid 80's. Started doing landscape and maintenance in the late 80's. These days we do mostly lawn maintenance on large commercial properties.

The only hardscaping i've ever really done is some low, dry stacked walls in large landscapes. These were mainly for a visual aid versus actaully retaining anything.

I'm planning to do a hardscape job at my mothers house this coming Winter and have come here to absorb all the knowledge I can about doing things the right way. Been doing alot of searching here and have already found alot of good answers to most of the questions I had. I'm sure as the times comes closer to actually starting this project i'll have some questions to ask.

My project is still in the early planning stages but will probably consist of a 16x24 raised patio with seatwalls and very wide steps leading to a 24x14 ground level patio with a firepit and seatwalls around the firepit.

Just wanted to say "Hi" and to let you guys know that you've compiled a great resource here on these forums for those willing to search out the answers, keep it coming.:waving::drinkup:

DVS Hardscaper
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Welcome! You're probably highly honored to read my award winning posts!

I have family in VA Beach. Have you by chance ever seen any of them?

Fishallot
06-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Yep, I've read some older posts of yours that were packed full of good info, thanks for taking the time to write it down here. I've also seen alot of your drama posts which I have no interest in so I just move along.

I've been here over 40 years so I know alot of people in the area however I don't have a clue what your name is so I couldn't tell you if I know any of your family or not. I'm in the Northern part of the city, went to Bayside High many moons ago.

PatriotLandscape
06-09-2011, 09:25 AM
You went to Bayside? Do you know my old friends Zach Morris and A.C. Slater?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fishallot
06-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Can't say those names ring a bell. I graduated in the early 80's.

scagrider22
06-10-2011, 01:29 AM
What about Kelly Kapowski and Lisa Turtle?

IRRITECH
06-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm in the Northern part of the city, went to Bayside High many moons ago.

FIrst Colonial '86, back in the days when the beach still had that small town feel.

Stuttering Stan
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
FIrst Colonial '86, back in the days when the beach still had that small town feel.

You wouldn't even recognize VB now. It's a tourist magnet and residents are second class. But it could be worse.