PDA

View Full Version : The price is right?

ivyslawncare
06-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Just wondering how much you other guys would charge. I had to remove 3 good sized bushes (pulled out with truck), trim another bush and a tree, remove 6 yucca plants, and put in 200 Sq. Ft of river rock (landscape fabric, bed edging, etc.)
The price i gave was $350.00
Was this high?......Low?....... average?
Thanks for any input!
-Lucas

B&GLandscaping
06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
how long did it take you? did you have to buy the stone, fabric & edging? seems very low to me

ivyslawncare
06-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Around 4 hours....I am still very new to lanscaping.and yes I had to buy all the material
except the rose bushes
Posted via Mobile Device

B&GLandscaping
06-08-2011, 11:49 PM
My Labor charge would have been $160. Plus a delivery fee for picking up materials and your time to pick them up. So depending on what you paid for the materials, you may be alright.

Get Some...
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I would not make a habit of pulling shrub's out with a truck.......

Otherwise it would seem that you made $225.00 in four hour's, that's a decent wage.

B&GLandscaping
06-08-2011, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=Get Some...;4057385]I would not make a habit of pulling shrub's out with a truck.......

Agree with this

topsites
06-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Sorry, you want to risk serious mechanical trouble not to mention your life I guess that's your choice,
but seeing how customers don't pay what that is worth to me I don't pull bush with truck. :nono:

No sir, you can burn through your transmission, ruin your tires and all sorts of good stuff, and that's just for starters...
If that rope or chain snaps when you've got about 7 thousand pounds of torque going?
The loose end could launch itself at such a high rate of speed and with enough force that it can cut a man in half.
And maybe not quite, but it can do serious physical damage, I don't doubt it could still kill or cut an arm off.

You want them gone, I'll cut them down to the ground with my chainsaw.
Then I'll bring in my stump grinder and take care of the roots.

As to how much it's going to cost, I would have to take a look.

Agape
06-09-2011, 02:25 AM
I use my truck, but only to put some tension on it to hack roots with an axe, otherwise I use the come-along

ALC-GregH
06-09-2011, 07:02 AM
You priced it too cheap for me.

I can see you ruining a set of tires because you pulled a few shrubs out. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Or you'll completely ruin the transmission if you try to pull a shrub out.
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Or watch you don't decapitate your helper with the 700,000,000lbs of tension on that there chain or maybe not his head but his arm with fly off. :confused::hammerhead::nono::cry::dizzy:;):laugh::laugh:

All kidding aside. I think you priced it on the low side.

ivyslawncare
06-11-2011, 12:34 AM
If i could figure out how to put a video on here i would, but it wasn't like you guys think. There was no spinning tires, or revving it up. I actually thought the rope slipped the first time, thats how easy it came out. Otherwise i wouldn't have done it in the first place.

topsites
06-11-2011, 12:43 AM
You priced it too cheap for me.
I can see you ruining a set of tires because you pulled a few shrubs out. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Or you'll completely ruin the transmission if you try to pull a shrub out.
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Or watch you don't decapitate your helper with the 700,000,000lbs of tension on that there chain or maybe not his head but his arm with fly off. :confused::hammerhead::nono::cry::dizzy:;):laugh::laugh:

All kidding aside. I think you priced it on the low side.

Well grasshopper, one day you'll learn your lesson, until then y'all just keep doing the redneck thing.

Pulling bushes with a truck is really no better than powerbraking, you can't tell me that's good for the transmission.
How many bushes do you really think you can pull before it does break?

A transmission on a 3/4 ton truck?
6 thousand dollars.

For a rebuild it's two thousand dollars!
How much of that $350 goes towards that!?

That's what stops me, not that it will break for sure, but the fact that it's an awful big chance to take for small pay.
At 20 dollars a bush you have to hope it can pull 100 out of the ground, and you know what, they don't ALL come out.
Matter of fact someone's lucky those 3 did, most don't.

And you're taking an awful big chance by putting all 10 thousand pounds of rated tow that these 3/4 ton trucks have
on a stupid chain you don't even half know the rating, but you certainly can't tell me what the bush's rating is
and if that thing lets loose on you?
It can have a backlash like a rubber band, the entire chain come whipping through the back window of your truck bush and all.

Smoking a tire, a new set of four 265 70-16: $800.

But like I said, one day you'll learn.

Then again some folks might have just been hoping a noob would fall for the "initiation" ritual.

ALC-GregH
06-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Well grasshopper, one day you'll learn your lesson, until then y'all just keep doing the redneck thing.

Pulling bushes with a truck is really no better than powerbraking, you can't tell me that's good for the transmission.
How many bushes do you really think you can pull before it does break?

A transmission on a 3/4 ton truck?
6 thousand dollars.

For a rebuild it's two thousand dollars!
How much of that $350 goes towards that!?

That's what stops me, not that it will break for sure, but the fact that it's an awful big chance to take for small pay.
At 20 dollars a bush you have to hope it can pull 100 out of the ground, and you know what, they don't ALL come out.
Matter of fact someone's lucky those 3 did, most don't.

And you're taking an awful big chance by putting all 10 thousand pounds of rated tow that these 3/4 ton trucks have
on a stupid chain you don't even half know the rating, but you certainly can't tell me what the bush's rating is
and if that thing lets loose on you?
It can have a backlash like a rubber band, the entire chain come whipping through the back window of your truck bush and all.

Smoking a tire, a new set of four 265 70-16: $800.

But like I said, one day you'll learn.

Then again some folks might have just been hoping a noob would fall for the "initiation" ritual.

Please.......

I've done it many times. You talk like I'm a 15yr old kid. I'm probably older then you. Putting a few thousand pounds of tension on a chain that is designed to have a 5000lb load on it isn't going to just cut loose.

Why would anyone sit there and burn the tires up pulling on a stump?

ivyslawncare
06-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Please.......

I've done it many times. You talk like I'm a 15yr old kid. I'm probably older then you. Putting a few thousand pounds of tension on a chain that is designed to have a 5000lb load on it isn't going to just cut loose.

Why would anyone sit there and burn the tires up pulling on a stump?

Well i am a 15 year old kid.....and i still know better then to spin the tires trying to pull a stump out of the ground. If i did start to feel them spin, i would stop and go get a stump grinder.

ivyslawncare
06-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok i finally got a video on youtube from my phone of the bush i pulled out.Its bad quality but you can clearly here there was no spinning or revving in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ivyslawncare?feature=mhum

topsites
06-12-2011, 12:00 AM
All right, let me just cut through the crap and get right down to it, what is it about pulling with the truck?

Customer speek: Can you pull this bush out with your pick-up truck?
English translation: Are you a cheap lowballing redneck?
Landscaper: Why sure, hell yeah!

That really is what it boils down to, all that talk about being pros and now this, who do y'all think you're kidding :p

Read: I don't pull bush with no truck.
Because it is reckless, it is dangerous, and it is stupid.

ivyslawncare
06-12-2011, 02:42 AM
I couldn't have thought of an easier or faster way to do it. Yeah it seemed a little redneck but it worked so good in that situation I don't know what would have been faster.
Posted via Mobile Device

QLM
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Dude that is just plain lazy! As easy as that came up you could have used a frigging shovel in the time it took to hook up the chain!
Posted via Mobile Device