PDA

View Full Version : Chik-fil-a Commercial Bid?

Poontamer
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Have an opportunity to bid out a chikfila for lawn care yearly,What would yoy charge for the ones you have seen? It ha alot of viburnams and will use 21 wb for curbed grass.
Posted via Mobile Device

B&GLandscaping
06-09-2011, 12:13 AM
$100 each service? You could figure that number to include taking care of everything. :confused:

siclmn
06-09-2011, 12:41 AM
I just looked up chickfila. It's a fast food chicken chain. I had no idea what you were talking about.

flatlander42
06-09-2011, 01:19 AM
never seen one either...

No way they would all be the same...right?

ALC-GregH
06-09-2011, 07:10 AM
These threads are great aren't they?

There is NO WAY for someone else to price it for you. You have to know what your company needs to make and apply that. Not every place is the EXACT same shape/size.

How would you price it if there was NO internet or other devices that would just tell you how much? How would you price a job period? Pricing jobs is part of YOUR job to know and understand. Why ask others to do that for you? It's not because you're lazy is it?

Poontamer
06-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I live in florida and theres alot of chilfila.s here I bid it at $450 monthly just seeing if anyone was same ball park range
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
06-09-2011, 03:31 PM
newbs are funny lol

Patriot Services
06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Really guys? I stop at 3 different ones almost daily for my free sweet tea refills. One has nothing but mulch and a few box woods. Another has about 2000 ft of viburnum hedge and the last has dry creek rock beds and color pockets. NONE of them had any grass. If you don't have your bidding skills perfected a commercial account is not for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
How did you get the opportunity to bid? Yellow book? Mailer?
Mike

THEGOLDPRO
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
He ate a chicken sandwich.

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
06-09-2011, 04:44 PM

This happened

Will P.C.
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Really guys? I stop at 3 different ones almost daily for my free sweet tea refills. One has nothing but mulch and a few box woods. Another has about 2000 ft of viburnum hedge and the last has dry creek rock beds and color pockets. NONE of them had any grass. If you don't have your bidding skills perfected a commercial account is not for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously. All the ones around me barely have any grass. It is a popular place and people like to eat inside so the parking lot usually takes up any landscape space.

However, they do have a great deal of bushes around the building.

nobagger
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM

LMAO :laugh: We do one and its a mowing nightmare! Pretty much all 21" work, tons of red mulch. It looks really nice if I do say so myself,lol. But yeah, seriously? A question like that deserves a internet beating,lol. Hey GOLDPRO, I have a lawn, its green, it has a driveway along side of it.....how much should I charge? :hammerhead: I said it before, pricing questions should be blocked.

Poontamer
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
06-09-2011, 08:09 PM
lol yea its not rocket science. Or maybe it is i dunno.

johnnybravo8802
06-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I live in florida and theres alot of chilfila.s here I bid it at $450 monthly just seeing if anyone was same ball park range
Posted via Mobile Device
You can't even get half of that here in Ga. They are cheap like all the other fast foods...want something for nothing.:walking:

deere615
06-09-2011, 08:28 PM

chick fila is good! we stop there every monday for lunch, hmm maybe I should offer free mowing for food?... HA

maglandscape
06-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I maintain 3 different chick-fil-a's and they are all priced differently, depending on how much mulch, plants, grass they have. Break up all of the line items and come up with a price that way.

weeze
06-09-2011, 09:54 PM
the one here has alot of grass...about 1/4 acre almost as well as alot of shrubs.

the only question is when are they gonna sell spicy chicken nuggets?

cpllawncare
06-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I have a couple of panera bread stores These guys get the $45min + $2/min rate I spend about 20-30 mins at each one.

scagdude
06-10-2011, 01:11 AM
There is no way to tell you how to price this. I can't even give you a ballpark. We do 4 Chick-fil-a's and they are all priced differently. One barely has any grass, while another has a large area. Our breakdown just on those for is $180/month, $250/month, $350/month, and $600/month. The $600 sits on a huge property with a ton of grass. I thought that was high, but that's what I needed to charge in order to make it worth my while and I got the job. I know the owner and he gives my crew free food too haha

tuffram
06-10-2011, 08:47 AM
the one here has alot of grass...about 1/4 acre almost as well as alot of shrubs.

the only question is when are they gonna sell spicy chicken nuggets?

The spicy nuggets and strips are on their way. My neighbor across the street is the store manager at the chick-fli-a here in oxford. I cut his grass every 2 weeks in trade for a huge bag of chicken sandwiches. He has a very small yard 20 min edge, mow, trim, and blow and Iím done itís well worth it I absolutely love chick-fli-a.

weeze
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
The spicy nuggets and strips are on their way. My neighbor across the street is the store manager at the chick-fli-a here in oxford. I cut his grass every 2 weeks in trade for a huge bag of chicken sandwiches. He has a very small yard 20 min edge, mow, trim, and blow and Iím done itís well worth it I absolutely love chick-fli-a.

sweet!!!.....i used to work for chick-fil-a...in the mall back before the freestanding store was there in front of wal-mart...i know Wade the owner of the freestander...he was the owner of the mall store when i worked there...cool guy...that's worth it man...cut for 20min to get free lunch lol

tuffram
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
sweet!!!.....i used to work for chick-fil-a...in the mall back before the freestanding store was there in front of wal-mart...i know Wade the owner of the freestander...he was the owner of the mall store when i worked there...cool guy...that's worth it man...cut for 20min to get free lunch lol

I know Wade to he is a very generous man my wife needed a job in 08 he hired her to work drive threw in 3 weeks she was the kitchen manager making very very good money but she had to work crazy hours. Chick-fli-a is like no other fast food joint in the country they have excellent benefits for their workers and offer college support. For every 1000 hours worked they pay for $2000 toward college not bad. My wife works for the Department of Homeland Security now at the old Fort McClellan now. In addition, I work at Anniston Army Depot but cut grass almost every afternoon. I would love to go full time lawn care but my retirement and health insurance is way too good for me to do that.

Patriot Services
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM

So your marketing sign "will mow for food" is a success?:usflag:

tuffram
06-10-2011, 09:09 PM
So your marketing sign "will mow for food" is a success?:usflag:

As long as itís chick-fli-a and a small yard you better believe it. Their food is awesome but very expensive so the tradeoff I have with my neighbor is worth it. He will bring me 15 to 20 sandwiches in a bag in trade for cutting his yard probable 50x 150 in size.

Field King
06-11-2011, 08:58 PM
bid them between a nickel95 and a buck380 should be about right!

GrayM
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
To repeat what everybody else has said, there is NO WAY we can give you an idea. I've worked at CFA since I was 14 (almost 5 years ago). The store we're in now has a few flower pots. My boss just got a new store that we'll be moving into this fall. It will have grass, shrubs, mulch, and flower pots. Do you want me to give you a number for our current store, or for the one we'll be moving into soon? Either one will be just as useful to you (i.e. not at all useful)