PDA

View Full Version : Mulching blades or regular blades?

robkule424
06-09-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm just wondering what you guys use for your residential lawns. I've been using mulching blades, mainly just to save some time from cleaning up the clippings. Do regular blades give a better cut?

Just interested in what you guys are using and which gives a better quality cut.

STIHL GUY
06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
i use high lift mulchers there the same as gators just a different brand

rwaters
06-09-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm just wondering what you guys use for your residential lawns. I've been using mulching blades, mainly just to save some time from cleaning up the clippings. Do regular blades give a better cut?

Just interested in what you guys are using and which gives a better quality cut.

you might try the G5 blade from oregon, they are a high lift gator with oregon quality. I have seen a lot of commercial cutters switching to them. when they order from my online store as well as almost all of them that come into my shop have changed over.

Darryl G
06-09-2011, 08:13 AM
What I use depends on the time of year and conditions. In general I run Gators in the fall and early spring and high lifts the rest of the time. Sometimes I will run low lifts if we get a dry spell so I don't kick up so much dust.