PDA

View Full Version : What would 20-30 yards be worth

coryjones
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
A guy has one commercial and 20-30 residential yards he is wanting to sell. He says they bring in about $1,000 a week How do you price something like this? I realize 20-30 is a 10 yard difference and would need more specifics but i would like to have a idea of what they are worth.

2ndNature
06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Cory-
If you search through the older posts you will find a lot of info about your question. Way too many variables for anyone to give you a realistic guess.

Ps.- be ready for the avalanche of jack-balls to post silly replies.

QLM
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Contracts? I have never bought any yards cuz people down here want too much. They should be worth 6 cuts if weekly or a little more. A month and a half income. You have to remember if he is selling them he can't do them for some reason or he is just selling you his slow paying crap.
Posted via Mobile Device

coryjones
06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Ya i expected to get a lot of **** about this but i am on my phone and it is hard to look through stuff on it. He is getting rid of them because he had a hart attack and can not continue with them. I know there is a lot of variables i have had to others wanting to sell yards as well one guy wanted $15,00 for 26 yards and a 10 year old e mark lol

Raymond S.
06-09-2011, 02:27 PM
4-6 cuts. Although with the season underway already I'd say on the lower end. If they choose to not go with you next season you only have the remaining cuts this year to earn back your investment
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
06-09-2011, 03:32 PM
before i would consider them as a $1000.00 a week i would look at what the homeowners are having done if its 1000.00 for mow and blow then it is posible to upsell but i have seen this and they would want full service and there is no money left to make if his quoted rates was low and it would leave yo ufighting to make your money . 6-8 cuts is a nice place to stand you also need to know none of the people are his family or they wont stay ..... I would ask him to take me to them all and introduce me to them and simply ask the home owner if they have any problems with you offereing to complete their lawns or sigingin a contract ensuring the new payment arangements ........ its more about you being safe when doing this then anything else. then you have to consider his quality level and if you can match or beat it if not they will walk on you leaving you in debt with him.

Greenery
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
How much does it cost you advertise and grt your own accounts? For me it averages about $100 per new customer. With that said I wouldn't even consider more than that for someone elses customers. So To me they would be worth 2-3 thousand.
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Nothing. They may not stay with you after buying them.

David Grass
06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I bought 15 accounts about 20 years ago, and it has made me so much money it is ridiculous. I bought them because they were in my area, I do not drive distance, everyone is in a 3 mile radius. Each situation is different. In my case I listed each account, and paid by the week for 2 months. IF someone dropped me because a relative was gonna do it, or whatever, it was weighted by the percentage of gross, and my cost was reduced accordingly. I lost 2 I think, so paid less over the 2 months.......then got referrals of about 10 from the new people giving me a plus of accounts!!! Look at what it is worth to you, be smart, and weight the accounts on percentage of gross, if half drop you, then you pay half. It is the only way to buy and feel good about it from both parties.

coryjones
06-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the info going to get some more details about it all.
Posted via Mobile Device

205mx
06-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Pay him monthly as the clients stay up to a certain $
Posted via Mobile Device