PDA

View Full Version : cyclone rake

vaacutabove
06-09-2011, 03:11 PM
I am looking at getting the bigger cyclone rake and was wondering has anyone used it as a leaf loader? I was looking at them because they show it as a loader and I would not be using it for something it was not designed for. I have been using the tarp and blower/mower method but this year I have gotten some yard with big oak trees that Im not looking forward to doing. I will need both leaf loader and something for my Z. anyone use it for both?

Tofutti
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Good question. We've been eye-balling them too.... Lots of fall cleanups with lots of oaks and maples up here in VT... One property alone last year was 8 hrs of blower packs and mowers...

THEGOLDPRO
06-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I have thought about buying one as well. hopefully someone can weigh in on this.

vaacutabove
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
everything I have read on them using it as pull behind has been great but have yet to see anyone use it as a loader. I would think the 10in and 10hp would work for what I need

Tofutti
06-09-2011, 06:09 PM
everything I have read on them using it as pull behind has been great but have yet to see anyone use it as a loader. I would think the 10in and 10hp would work for what I need

I would think so too. The 10HP shouldn't be too much of an issue but mainly, the ten inch inlet would be the big plus. I would imagine it'd be hard to plug that up as long as you keep longer sticks out of it. Really dying to try one though...

Also been looking at the DR system (http://www.drpower.com/TwoStepModelDetail.aspx?Name=llv_pro_xl&p1Name=leaf_lawn_vacuums_tow&Page=llv_tow_models). Looks/works about the same, but uses a heavy metal mulching impeller AND has a chipper chute for the sticks.... It's a toss-up really.

Tim White
06-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I bought a xl last year and its an awsome machine. Will suck moles out of the ground!! You wont be disapointed. Use it with gator blades and you can suck up a buttload of leaves.

Tofutti
06-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I bought a xl last year and its an awsome machine. Will suck moles out of the ground!! You wont be disapointed. Use it with gator blades and you can suck up a buttload of leaves.
LOL nice! Does it give any sort of material reduction at all just sucking up un-mowed leaves? (ie: I know it's not meant/advertised to be a chipper/mulcher/reducer, but going through the machine MUST do something..)

Sorry for the questions, just never seen/met anybody that's used one and really curious..

Tim White
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I have used it without mulching with mower first and the impeller shreds leaves really small. With the mower running and dry leaves, when i dump it its like dumping a bale of sawdust. Highly reccomended, also spend the extra money for the dual wheels.

macaw
06-16-2011, 08:21 AM
I have had the smallest one they make for 14 years. I use the up loading on a few yards each year works great. I wouldn't do leaves without it.