PDA

View Full Version : Exmark turf tracer electrical problem HELP

Diddy
06-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi a have a 48in hydro exmark turf tracer. the mower ran last year but it wont run this year. the mower does get a spark, but it wont run. does anyone have any insight on this and do you think i can fix it my self or do i have to take it into the shop? i think the mower is from 1998. thanks

Hawkshot99
06-09-2011, 09:01 PM
A motor needs 3 thongs to start. Spark, Fuel, and Air. You said you have spark, so pull the plugs and spray some starting fluid in there and try to start. My guess is the carbs are clogged, and your not getting fuel.

As for if you can do it, or the shop, only you know the answer to what your abilities are. Mower fuel systems are pretty basic, but can cause problems.

Diddy
06-09-2011, 09:05 PM
ok great thanks i was thinking it was a fuse or a solenoid i guess i was thinking it was to complew

Hawkshot99
06-09-2011, 09:11 PM
If it was one of those then you would have no spark. Same as if it was a safety switch.

Diddy
06-09-2011, 09:14 PM
u are right i wasnt thinking. hopefully ill spray some starter fuild into it and it will start right up

Diddy
06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
i talked with the guy that i bought it off of and he said one of the modules is bad, but a small engine mechanic was able to bypass the bad one and get a spark. so i guess i may need a new module. are they expensive?